2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grags!

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grags!

Post by Oletrapper » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I am proud to announce that the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commission has awarded its second Bull Elk Tag to our N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited. This tag is for the 2012 Fall Season and again is good in any zone for any legal weapon.
Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag as we did with the first one earlier this year. The only thing required is a resident or non-resident hunting license if you should win. All elk permit fees, ($30.00 resident) and ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived.
Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There will be only 200 tickets sold and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to QU's website (www.qu.org) for verification if you would like. We did that so people would know that this is a legitimate project. More information is there and it is currently the 3RD item down on QU's home page. Drawing will be held at Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. April 28, 2012 at 5:00pm. Each entrant will be notified of the name, city and state of the winner. The winner will be notified by registered mail.
If you participate in our 2012 fundraiser prior to December 31, 2011, that donation may be deducted on your 2011 tax filing. QU is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.
Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grags!

Post by Oletrapper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:24 pm

1 entry from CO today. Wow! Thanks to MuleyMadness.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Thank you MuleyMadness, If this keeps up I think we will meet our goal of 200. 1 email today requesting information.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited
Oletrapper wrote:1 entry from CO today. Wow! Thanks to MuleyMadness.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

One entry yesterday from Indiana. Were getting there.
Lots of requests. Please be patient. I will get to everyone as quick as I can.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 am

Hi everyone, I have been getting a lot of questions about how much land (public) there is to hunt in Kentucky and what are my chances of a successful hunt. Hope the below will answer some of the questions.

Our tag is good in any zone, which means, "In Zone or "Out of Zone". It is good in any EHU. It is good for any legal weapon during that weapons portion of the season. The only thing required is a non-resident hunting license. All elk permit fees have been waived by KDFWR.

The 16-county elk restoration zone is 4.1 million acres, and is divided into 10 Elk Hunting Units, including sub-units, with a total of 576,994 acres open to public hunting. The EHUs have been established to manage the elk herd, spread out hunting pressure, and provide hunters with a high chance of success. There were 800 tags issued in the 2010 season and there was an 80% success rate. 800 tags were also issued for the 2011 season but success numbers have not been posted yet.
If you should have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
thekysportsman@hughes.net
Last edited by Oletrapper on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:37 am

Here is a great video on Kentucky's Elk Restoration.
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/kentucky-elk ... story.html

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Another great question.

Post by Oletrapper » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:41 am

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources has a rule that if you were chosen for a Bull Elk tag in their Elk tag lottery and you tag out, you cannot apply again for 3 years. The question was, "If I tag out through Ky's lottery for a bull in 2011, can I still hunt in 2012 if I win your drawing?" The answer to that is yes you can. The KDFWR rule does not apply to our Commission Tag. We still have a few tickets available and if you have been thinking about supporting our conservation fundraiser you need to hurry. Many thanks to you guys and gal that have already participated. We could not make this a success without you.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Re:So much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Post by Oletrapper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 am

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We here in Kentucky have lots to be thankful for. Many thanks to those who have helped our QU Chapter make our Bull Elk Tag raffle a great success. To all the states which helped make our herd what it is today. Over 12,000 and growing. We have come a long way since 1997. Many thanks to all.

PS: There are still tickets available but you need to hurry. Please email me to reserve.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Re:Christmas is just 26 days away!

Post by Oletrapper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

Christmas is just 26 days away!

With that in mind.

What a great idea for a stocking stuffer. We still have some tickets available for our 2012 season, Commission Bull Elk Tag raffle. All proceeds from this conservation fundraiser go right back into our conservation efforts and your entry is tax deductible. QU is a IRS 501-C-3 organization. Many thanks to MuleyMadness, 10sign: and all those who have supported our efforts to date, 10sign: .

thekysportsman@hughes.net Please email me to reserve a ticket before they are all gone.

Life Member,NRA,UTK,FTA,LKS,NWF
Annual Sponsor,QU,DU,NWTF

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Ho Ho Ho

Post by Oletrapper » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:17 am

Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year.

http://gpsinformation.info/main/merryxmas.swf (turn up the sound)