Fish Lake Late Bull

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Re: Fish Lake Late Bull

Post by ARCHER11 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am

Thats an awesome bull! I'm pretty sure he was at the expo in the tinesup booth. If not it was one that was very similar. I could be wrong on the booth too but I saw him somewhere haha
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

lowcountrykiller
Fawn
Fawn

Post by lowcountrykiller » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 pm

just because there are good bulls being taken doesnt mean that the elk heards cant be doing any better. of course people are going to be able to find nice bulls in utah because of how remote it is.. i believe it is on the decline and the DWR needs to Pull their heads out of their butt and start to smell the rosebuds because i have noticed within the last 7 years the heards have gradually decreased dew to the lack of knowledge of what is really going on with the deer and elk heards. they are to worried about getting money now and not the long term effects. Boulder mountain was recently set on fire and the forest service set 400 or more firefighters and 8 or so helicopters to put it out. they did get it out but, instead of letting the north facing slope burn more and producing essential wildlife habitat they pack eveything up and go somewhere else. when in all reality they will probably be back before to long doing the same thing instead of doing what needs to be done right the first time and saving alot of tax dollars in the long run and being able to produce more feeding habitat for the wldlife in the area. and bringing in the money to the county.

5pointbull
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 5pointbull » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am

highcountryarchery wrote:I know this guy he works one block away from us and saw this bull first hand and these pics do him no justice. His 3rd on the right side is 31 inches. We have the sheds off a bull we think is the dad to him at our shop in Loa, they weigh in at 42 pounds as a set they are unreal. The genes like this are starting to show up and soon Fish Lake will really be producing some monster bulls again.
I've seen those sheds and held them. They definitely share the same gene pool. Heaviest wild elk antlers I have ever seen. When the gas station worker told me they were off a wild elk my first thought was yeah right, but this picture striking similarities prove otherwise and show the makings of a gene pool that will rival the likes of San Juan, Beaver, Boulder, and Pavhant. Since fish lake and Boulder are so close maybe I will be lucky enough to find a bull this year with similar attributes.

vball85jb
Fawn
Fawn

Post by vball85jb » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 am

Awesome bull. My bro and father in law drew out for the Fish Lake late hunt this year, if they can sniff at one of his relatives they will be in pigs heaven!