Drawing Rifle Tag in Oregon?

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
mixnchris20
Fawn
Fawn

Drawing Rifle Tag in Oregon?

Post by mixnchris20 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Hello, I am thining about putting in for a rifle tag in the silvies unti 72 in Oregon. I have been hunting it every year with my bow for a while now, but would like to actually hunt the rut this year and try it out. Does anyone know what the odds are of getting drawn for that tag?

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Re: Drawing Rifle Tag in Oregon?

Post by Tyewire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:40 pm

http://sites.google.com/site/oregontags/

This site is very helpful. It should give you a good idea of what you are up against.

Good luck!!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 pm

I don't believe there is a rifle hunt in the rut for that unit, give me the hunt number and I"ll tell you the odds. If it's one of the new hunts this year, then there is no way to tell your draw odds untill after a year of hunting. -- there is a muzzy hunt there, but the dates are oct 15-23. At best you could hope for pre-rut activity- I take my wife on those dates every year, and you can get some pre-rut action- but it's far from a "rut" hunt

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:57 pm

I don't believe there is a rifle hunt in the rut for that unit, give me the hunt number and I"ll tell you the odds. If it's one of the new hunts this year, then there is no way to tell your draw odds untill after a year of hunting. -- there is a muzzy hunt there, but the dates are oct 15-23. At best you could hope for pre-rut activity- I take my wife on those dates every year, and you can get some pre-rut action- but it's far from a "rut" hunt

Muddybuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muddybuck » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am

Im pretty sure killer is right Thanks killer.