Utah draw

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: Utah draw

Post by derekp1999 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:35 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:Even if it is a one in a million chance there is one there.
"One in a million... so you're telling me there's a chance.'"
But May 31st, you'll be thinking: "What was all that one in a million talk?" :))
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:
dahlmer wrote:Wasatch moose - 11 points
Henries Rifle - 4 points (should be a shoo-in)
Wasatch Currant Creek - general deer
I got my rifle tag for there on my tenth try so you never know. Even if it is a one in a million chance there is one there.
I actually put in for the tag with the intent of not drawing it. I figure if my luck changes and I do draw I probably won't feel too bad about it. My dad, who I usually put in with, is out of the country this year and so for this one year I figured I would apply for the Henries and then move back to the Book Cliffs once he gets back.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:51 pm

ok now for the really hard part..... the waiting :>/ and of course [-o< ,
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

The waiting side of it is easy for me. I don't really have many points for anything so I don't even worry about it. I had forgot all about the turkey draw until the email saying that I was a loser showed up.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm

The only problem this year is the second guessing. See, I was planning on putting in with my brother, uncle, and grandpa for the late Book Cliffs elk. Going in with about 7 points, so we wouldn't be guaranteed anything and our odds wouldn't be too good... just looking for the point this year really and hoping that next year PTO and "time away from home" will be more available. Neither my brother or uncle wanted to do the late hunt, but without thinking much I just applied with me & my grandpa. We're going in the point group where my projections have us potentially drawing guaranteed tags. That wasn't really the plan, but if we end up drawing we'll make the most of it.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

marley
Fawn
Fawn

Post by marley » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Ya never know. In 2010 I drew the Henries rifle tag with only 1 point that's the beauty of bonus points instead of preference points.

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Marley,

if my wife could punch you for real by just punching the name you would have a black eye....LOL =]

marley
Fawn
Fawn

Post by marley » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 am

Don't worry plenty of people have punched me over that one. I quit telling people within arms reach LOL