Plateau Boulder, Utah Early Rifle Elk Tag

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
5pointbull
Fawn
Fawn

Plateau Boulder, Utah Early Rifle Elk Tag

Post by 5pointbull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm really excited to be part of this forum. I have been a veteran visitor for sometime now but never joined up. In saying that It is my goal to offer my own expertise to anyone in need here. I have hunted Boulder Mountain, Utah for Mule Deer for over ten years now, and have entered the state lottery for an Limited Entry Bull Tag for 16 years. After finally achieving max bonus points for this particular tag, I have finally drawn an early rifle limited entry bull elk tag for the plateau boulder unit. I've hunted mule deer in the area above and around the Aquarius Ranger Station, Cook Lake, Miller Lake, and Bone Flat. I have seen numerous bulls around this area, but am well aware it is not the Bull Elk Mecca of Boulder Mountain. If anyone could please help me with some added info of this area as to where they have seen or had luck with big bulls, I would be very much appreciative. I am willing to put in the time and work in sourcing a giant, but would love if somebody could point me in a better direction than I all ready know. [-o< And if anyone would like info on the deer hunting in that area my door is always open. Thanks
Here are some pics of Bulls I have found that were shot on this unit;
Attachments
boulderelk7.jpg
boulderelk7.jpg (179.52 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
boulderelk6.jpg
boulderelk6.jpg (130.17 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
boulderelk5.jpg
boulderelk5.jpg (151.11 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
boulderelk4.jpg
boulderelk3.jpg
boulderelk3.jpg (19.28 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
boulderelk2.jpg
boulderelk2.jpg (119.78 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
boulderelk1.jpg
boulderelk1.jpg (153.83 KiB) Viewed 8747 times

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Re: Plateau Boulder, Utah Early Rifle Elk Tag

Post by highcountryarchery » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 pm

you are in for a heck of a hunt with a good chance at a 400 bull congrats i would like to help any way in can i live in loa just north of boulder let me how i can help

lowcountrykiller
Fawn
Fawn

Post by lowcountrykiller » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm

I live in this area also, i was wondering about the mule deer you have seen in the area you have hunted. I have an archery deer tag this year and would like to hear what you have experienced. The bull elk in the area you hunt are usually in the thickest and highest point on the mountain.

firebuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by firebuck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Congrats on your elk tag, I hear thats a great hunt. Im not familiar with the area but my family lives down there and I can look into it for you. I however did draw for boulder archery deer and have never hunted the boulder, I usually hunt fishlake area. I would greatly appreciate any info on where to focus on for a decent deer on the boulder. any info would help..thanks

firebuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by firebuck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am

Hey 5pointbull, I have some info for you.......firebuck

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am

You could PM me for information, I know a friend who lives down there and does a lot of scouting
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"