Sucsessful First Season Rifle Draw

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
Underdog
Fawn
Fawn

Sucsessful First Season Rifle Draw

Post by Underdog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Well its been a while since I posted. In fact close to two years. Thats how long its been for me to get my stuff together and plan a hunt.

http://www.muleymadness.com/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=8667

I was successful in drawing a first season either sex tag for units 75/751. This is going to be a DIY solo wilderness pack hunt. I plan on accessing the wilderness through one of the various trailheads that lead into the Weminuche. I am limiting myself to about 5 miles. I fully understand the rigors of packing an elk out of the high country as this will be my fifth elk hunt. To physically prepare myself I have trained and competed in a half marathon and olympic distance ironman.

The reason I decided on a pack hunt is to get away (relative term) from excessive pressure and to open up more opportunities to move with the game.

If anyone has any information they are willing to share on these units it would be greatly appreciated.

I will keep everyone posted as my planning progresses and hunting season gets closer.

Underdog
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Sucsessful First Season Rifle Draw

Post by Underdog » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 am

Got out to the range this weekend and tuned in a new hand load. 5 round group .96 inches. Days like this at the range make me smile. :))

Again if anyone has any info that they would be willing to share with me on hunting in the 75/751, would be appreciated. Nothing specific just general information.

Underdog
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Sucsessful First Season Rifle Draw

Post by Underdog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 am

Bump