Re: Any bull unit success, first bull

Post by kchesley » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 am

don't know why it turned the last 2 pics sideways

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Very cool, thanks for sharing your taxi pics. Not sure why those are sideways either? That's still really cool you got him on any bull unit and first. :thumb :thumb

Norther
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Norther » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Wow.. Killer Bull! That's huge man, Congrats!

kchesley
Spike
Spike

Post by kchesley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you one in a million there. Got my wife an any bull tag this year and I have mine so I'm gonna see if I can't get her a nice bull for her first. Been up there slit already and can't believe how thick it is now. Lots of rain has made the burn area grow so much since last year. Hopes are high and anticipation is killing me but I'm patiently waiting. At least I have a bull on my wall to look at for inspiration lol

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:47 pm

great bull congrats on the success =D> Good luck this year, I hope to see you tag another bull
Watch your top knot!

kchesley
Spike
Spike

Post by kchesley » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Me too. I'm stoked. Got my wife into hunter safety so we got her an any bull tag. Also got my son into it and we both drew Zion deer. It's getting closer and closer. Good luck to you as well

sactribe
Spike
Spike

Post by sactribe » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Congratulations on a great bull! This is my first year with an archery tag and my plans have been thwarted by family health issues but I am hoping to have a few chances to get out. I would be thrilled to shoot a bull like yours but if I get the chance I will shoot the first legal elk I see whether it is a bull or cow to get some meat in the freezer.

kchesley
Spike
Spike

Post by kchesley » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Well I wish I could say that there was a repeat to last year but I cant. They weren't responding to cow calls although I did get one to bugle back to me when I used the bugle then 5 or 6 coyotes began to howl and messed it up. We did see some bulls (actually luckily they crossed the road in front of us) but no time to shoot. I snuck to within 50 yards of 4 cows and a calf but no bull with them. It wasn't a total loss as my good friend Ben harvested a nice 6 by 6 which was his first bull so it was a good trip. Took him to the same taxi I did and raw score was 289 but still that is is a dang good first bull. I still look at mine on my wall and anticipate the day I harvest another 1. All in all it was worth the $50 to go. Plenty of hiking and 4 wheeling lost my bugle out there somewhere saw some cows and bulls so no regrets. Congrats to all who filled their tags. Til next year...,wait til spring less work picking up sheds right. Oh my wife had other obligations so I could only get her out there for a couple hours and saw nothing but she had a good time for that few hours