Dutton Premium

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Dutton Premium

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:56 am

Hello friends!
hey i just got a call yesterday that someone turned in their Premium Elk for Dutton and i was next in line. I am extremely blessed and grateful for the chance at a great bull. Only problem is I wasn't expecting it so i have done absolutly no scouting and have never set foot on that mountain. My cousin was going to guide me in since he knows the area very well being from Panquich but he is getting deployed at the end of the month. He will get a chance to take me out and show me the area and the trails and roads. but i am not a road hunter and would prefer to get out off the beaten trail. anyone who has hunted this area in the past if you could tell me where you found water, saw good bulls, or would go if you had the tag. I have been putting in the miles up north scouting my archery bucks and found a booner so i don't think i will make it to Dutton for archery until i have exhausted the hunt on this public land buck.
Those that know me on here know i don't hunt on the forum but i really am unfamiliar with this area. I took a 340 bull on public land in 2001 and i am going to hold out for something better since i burned all my 17 points on this hunt that I am absolutely happy to have. Any direction would helpful i don't want to waste my limited time with my cousin just driving roads. so if you could give me a starting area we will do the rest.
Thank you in advance
Brian
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

ABert

Re: Dutton Premium

Post by ABert » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Congrats on a great tag! Sorry I can't be of any help on your hunt but wishing you the best come this fall.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 am

Thank you ABert. I am stoked!
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am

Wish I would've seen this sooner, I could have helped somewhat. How did it turn out? did you end up getting a bull?