Score this bull.\Try this one again

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:01 pm

I wouldnt put anything above 365 his main beams arnt that long and the other side of the bull looks like it is really laking on his sword and his G4 G5 also but still a really nice bull.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:18 am

oh id say in the 280 to 290 range. and yes thats a 2 in front. where people are getting above 350 is insane!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Okay I'll admit my score is HIGH, but this...
id say in the 280 to 290 range.
is for sure WAY LOW. :)

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:02 pm

killerbee wrote:oh id say in the 280 to 290 range. and yes thats a 2 in front. where people are getting above 350 is insane!
It looks like math may not have been one of your better subjects in school. Apparently it's still a challenge for you!

I used addition to come up with my score. What kind of math did you use?

I admit I may be high too, but to come up with a score anywhere under 350 is insane! But then again, I may be wrong. It's happened before.
Hoyt

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:22 pm

this is how people get fooled by outfitters. my math came from being there on the kill, personally puting my tape on the horns, spotting the bull the night before and so on- this bull was killed in northen new mexico that my cousins { rileyhunter} hunter shot- lesson learned pictures can make or break a bull. these are very good pictures. oregon boy can conferm this story :) it is a cool framed bull though isn't it with those main's falling off the way they do!!! :thumb
Last edited by killerbee on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:24 pm

WHAT MATH class was that again??

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:51 pm

Lets see some more pictures of the bull then, cause I'm not convinced yet.

Any more angles or pics?

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:26 pm

killerbee wrote:this is how people get fooled by outfitters. my math came from being there on the kill, personally puting my tape on the horns, spotting the bull the night before and so on- this bull was killed in northen new mexico that my cousins { rileyhunter} hunter shot- lesson learned pictures can make or break a bull. these are very good pictures. oregon boy can conferm this story :) it is a cool framed bull though isn't it with those main's falling off the way they do!!! :thumb
Well then, I guess that gives you the advantage here, doesn't it? We asked for various angles, and by the tone of your post the picture seemed to be taken in such a way as to suggest it was a larger bull. (lesson learned pictures can make or break a bull. these are very good pictures.)

If you taped it out at 280 to 290, that's what it scores. There are obviously some deductions that we can't see from the one pic. We also don't have the luxury of seeing the body for a size comparison, do we?

If I had to guess again, I would still put that bull at over 350 based on the apparent mass, apparent tine lengths and apparent overall mains. I wasn't aware that your cousin was trying to fool anybody with the picture. You guys showed me! I guess I learned my lesson!
Hoyt

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:16 pm

not saying what did or didn't happen with this bull as i have no idea on the backround of it. but after reading marks post it reminded me how absolutely ridiculous I think it is when people lie about the size of an animal in their pictures. theres SO many of these insecure losers (again, just my opinion) who sit 5 feet behind the animal, or who think they get away with it by still holding or touching the horns but having their arms fully extended as far as they canto make it look bigger. It's stupid, be satisfied with what you got, if your not happy with it the way it is then DONT TAKE ITS LIFE!! You don't all have to try to be the hot shot of the season with every pic. you take. Another opinion of mine is in a lot of cases it makes the pics look half retarded anyways.. anymore it's gotten to the point that that's the first thing i look at on most hunting pictures.

anyways, dont mean to complain - i was just venting again.. must be tired, better go to bed before i find somethin else i dont like and bore you all with that :thumb

(in this pic its hard to see for me cause its fairly small and not the most focused picture ive seen, but still i'd say i dont care if this bull scores 250 - he's a trophy to be proud of and doesnt need any fancy photo work to try and show him off with. Just be honest and feel good about yourself with what ya got - or if it's for a "company" then paint the picture that's realistic for people.. otherwise you'll be telling people one thing and sending them home with unfulfilled dreams and overall unsatisfied - all my opinion.. id better stop annoying you all now)

Rileyhunter
2 point
2 point

Here is the scoop

Post by Rileyhunter » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:14 pm

Ok guys heres the scoop. The other day I came across a new brocher for an outfitter that I worked for in the past. Looking over the pics I came across this one. The first two things that came to mind was 1 what the heck is that green blob on my face and 2 where the heck did that bull come from? Then I realized what bull that was. Looking at the picture you bet the bull looks like a 330-350 bull. But in all reality the bull only scored about 290. Regardless of the score the hunter was very happy to take a trophy class bull. This happens all the time with outfitters. Its called misrepresenting a hunt. Dont get me wrong their are a lot of honest outfitters out their but even a lot of those will mislead you with pics.selling you on a "TROPHY HUNT" sometimes even garunteed. I realize that most of you out their are avid hunters and probably would not use an outfitter but for those that do choose to go on a guided hunt always research I dont think I can stress that enough. Go online and check out the many hunter reviews. Call these guys that have hunted with the chosen outfit, they want to tell you their story.
Any fairgame animal taken is a trophy in my book,its not about the horns its about the hunt,and the memories that will last a lifetime. The truth is that picture is misleading and their are many hunters out their that are spending a lot of hard earned money only to be let down. Not to mention going on a dream hunt and having it turn out to be a nightmare.(remember to research the outfitter as best as you can.) Just giving my two cents.