Score this bull.\Try this one again

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:22 pm

hold on this is not trick photography- it is a picture that turned out good. I dont care who you are or what outfit their is you are always going to see the best pictures their is for each animal. i couldn't agree more , it is a trophy, very cool looking bull. more pictures could help. i believe the first reply of a high score induced the other high scores, thus my reason for coming in with my score. yes i did know. but to get bent out of shape a rag a person down for being a way different score is maybe uncalled for dont you think??{MATH CLASS} more pics will come. but in reality this happens to often.makes you wonder about other pictures we've all seen. and how big some of the bulles really are.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 pm

killerbee

Good point, well taken. Maybe the pic could have been prepped with "what does this bull score, it may be lower than you think"

just a thought, but it does look certainly bigger than the score for sure.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:57 pm

killerbee wrote:{MATH CLASS}
I'm pretty sure you directed that at me, correct? I suppose my "beat down" with the math comment was set-up by the rather insane sounding score of 290. I know it's not trick photography. I asked for more pics to make a better judgement. In reality, I don't give a ratz butt what it scores! It's a nice bull. Stand in my shoes for a minute. If I had posted the pic knowing it scored 290, what do you suppose you might have guessed?

This entire thread took a turn for the worse when you outed the bull as being killed (guided?) by someone you know (your cousin). It should never have been put out there the way it was represented in the first place. If it was my deal, I would have told the story as it was. I would not have brought it here and played the "guess what he scores" game knowing it LOOKS BIGGER than it really is and then coming back with the "I know it only scored this because I was there" BS.

The way it played out, the photo was obvioulsy misrepresented by an outfitter and then brought here for no other purpose than to teach me (us?) a lesson. Yep. I learned a lesson all right. But it's not the one you were teaching.

Based on the photo provided and the way I interpreted your very first post here, I would still put that bull in the 350 class. You tossed a really low number out there and you knew all along that the pic misrepresented the real score. What did you expect to happen?

With that said, I'm done with this thread. And now I have one more reason to never hire an outfitter.
Hoyt

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:04 pm

mark jones

Another point well taken! :)

Yep this thread has had enough.