Bow Accessaries

Talk anything related to bowhunting
WinMag
3 point
3 point

Bow Accessaries

Post by WinMag » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:04 pm

I just ordered a Hoyt Maxxis 35" with 80# limbs today. It will take several weeks before it comes in. In the mean time I have to figure out how I want to accessorize it. I am keeping my old bow so I am going with a totally new setup. Just looking for recommendations on quivers, sights I want micro-adjust and 5 or 6 pins, rests I want to stay with a drop-away, stabilizer and even arrows. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's been over 6 years since I have done any archery shopping. Should be fun.....until it comes time to pay for it.

amp713
2 point
2 point

Re: Bow Accessaries

Post by amp713 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:11 pm

WinMag wrote:I just ordered a Hoyt Maxxis 35" with 80# limbs today. It will take several weeks before it comes in. In the mean time I have to figure out how I want to accessorize it. I am keeping my old bow so I am going with a totally new setup. Just looking for recommendations on quivers, sights I want micro-adjust and 5 or 6 pins, rests I want to stay with a drop-away, stabilizer and even arrows. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's been over 6 years since I have done any archery shopping. Should be fun.....until it comes time to pay for it.
i have a quality archery design drop away rest and love it. had to get a shop to set it up so it would drop fast enough but other than that i like it. I have just a regular old limbsaver stabilizer that came with my bow and have never really messed with it. Im shooting easton FMJ arrows and love them, they are small, STRONG, and weigh alot so they can blow through things. Let me know what you decide about the quiver since im in the market for a new one of them!!
Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archeryguru
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Archeryguru » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Not sure what state you live in. If your in utah come and see me.

Wasatch Archery Shop
Ogden, UT
801-710-4287

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Archeryguru wrote:Not sure what state you live in. If your in utah come and see me.

Wasatch Archery Shop
Ogden, UT
801-710-4287
Would love to, but it's a long way to Utah from Iowa!

stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Post by stewberd23 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 pm

For arrows I use Gold Tip XT Hunters and I love them, for a stabalizer I use a Limbsaver, for a rest I would recomend a QAD or a Ripcord there both good, and about the quiver I don't know cause i'm looking for a new one too.
Do Work

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am

I love my Hogg-it Hunter by Spot Hogg!! They will customize your pin size down to .10 ,and color for 10 buck also. I also shoot the QAD Ultra rest and like it as well. Sims stabilizer, and Mathews arrow web quiver.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I called the archery shop and they said it will only take 7-10 days now so I better hurry up and decide. This is what I'm leaning towards. Hogg-it Hunter sight, 5 pin small guard. Fuse Ventera two-piece 5 arrow quiver. Fuse Axium stabilizer. QAD Ultra-Rest Pro rest.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 pm

As far as sights go, be sure to look at Black Gold. I'm shooting an Ascent single pin, but they will configure anything you want, and I like the variable pin brightness. They are pretty reasonable when you consider what you get for the $$.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Well I finally got my bow home and love it!!! The Hogg-it-Hunter is great, in no time at all I had it sighted-in and 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments made. The ventera quiver did not come in yet. I went with Easton ST Axis N-Fused Carbon arrows and so far I have nothing but good to say about them. Now to just practice, practice, practice until September.