PEEP QUESTION??

Talk anything related to bowhunting
willyqbc
Fawn
Fawn

PEEP QUESTION??

Post by willyqbc » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:15 pm

Does anyone know of any peeps that have the hole drilled at an angle to compensate for a really steep string angle??? One of my bows is 31 1/8" axle to axle.... and my draw length is 32". So you can imagine how steep my string angle is at full draw. I am struggling to see through conventional peeps, the peep is laying so flat at full draw that my hole becomes more oval than round. If I can't find a solution to this problem I will have to go back to my other bow which is 38" axle to axle. I love my little bow and would appreciate any help you could give that would allow me to keep using it!
Thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Why do you think that you need a peep? Get rid of it, I figured that one out duck hunting with a compound, plus you can't see through a peep sight during low light conditions.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:15 pm

willyqbc:

Many archers have experienced this problem since the influx of short axle length bows. Although I've tied many different types of peeps for them trying to alleviate the problem, I've yet to see one specifically designed for this. However, many guys are using Tru-Peep and drilling the hole out much larger. It seems to work for them so far. Good luck.

BOHNTR )))--------------->