Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Do any of you have experience with these arrows? I have heard good and bad. Looking to get them. Id be shooting the 500's. 40-50# @ 27" draw.

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

Post by PhillyB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm

I dont have them personally, but the reviews around the internet speak volumes. There is about 10 bad reviews for every one good one.

Check out archerytalk.com

Plenty of reviews there. Should give you all the info you need. There are a number of alternatives out there that offer the same GPI's for less money and are plenty durable.

Just my 2 cents. :thumb
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

NolanOutdoors
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NolanOutdoors » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 pm

I have been using them as hunting arrows for a number of years and find them to be a great arrow. I have killed several deer and a truck load of pigs and have yet to have one damaged. they are a bit heavy but I find them to be a great hunting arrow.
Rick Nolan, SPHR
NolanOutdoors.com

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 am

The FMJ's really come out of my targets easier than the carbons I have, something to think about if you shoot a lot.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

OutBackG5
Fawn
Fawn

Post by OutBackG5 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Ive been shootin the Easton St Axis Nanos for several years now. Love emmm. They been just as durable or more durable than my buddies FMJs. They get great penetration and cost lil less. Give them a look!!

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

love these arrows. The only one that i have broken was when i hit the knock with my own shot. Shot my turkey with one this year and they fly great with my set up. Check out camofire.com if they still have them they have a really good deal on them.

JDavid
Spike
Spike

Post by JDavid » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm

I just bought me a pack. They do pull alot easier than carbon arrows but all aluminum arrows do. I went off the chart easton puts of the box but the arrows are to weak for my setup. I had the do a major tune on the bow to get them to shoot decent. I would talk to a pro shop and have them use the computer program that they have to decide what spline you need or go to www.huntersfriend.com and use their chart.
Other than that they shoot great now. I havent hunted with them so cant give input on that.
If money isnt an issue go ahead and give them a try. With the technology in bows these days if you can place the shot, any arrow will do the job.
Is someone with 10 million dollars any happier than someone with 9 million?

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for all the input. Bought me a dozen and they fly great. No issues with them. Need to try them out with the broadheads.