Any Advice For The Youngster?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Any Advice For The Youngster?

Post by Turokman123 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:42 am

Here is the deal, I am 15 and as Mossy Oak puts it "It's not a passion, it's an obsession," so I went down to Cabelas the other day and was looking around for a new camo pattern (because I've worn mine to crap of DIY hunts :-/) anyway, I came across the pattern of Sitka and I had never seen it before but heard of it. I hear it is the single best camo you can by if you want to be a serious hunter. But then I was reading the posts here about KUIU camo and was wondering which one to choose from? Any suggestions? By the way I am a bow-hunter. Thanks you for any feedback!
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Any Advice For The Youngster?

Post by sneekeepete » Sat May 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I'd look at something a little more cost effective since you are 15 and might grow out of what you get now. Sitka and Kuiu are no doubt top notch but I'd look at other cheaper stuff until you know you can use it for good.
Check out anything in predator, asat, or even cabelas outfitter camo. It will be effective and much cheaper.
Hope that helps.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat May 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I agree. Any camo or clothes in earth tones will work. Learning to hide well, stay still and draw the bow undetected is more important. Good luck this season.

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Thank you to both of you guys for the advice, will have to check the camo line out
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Sun May 22, 2011 9:42 pm

sneekeepete wrote:I'd look at something a little more cost effective since you are 15 and might grow out of what you get now. Sitka and Kuiu are no doubt top notch but I'd look at other cheaper stuff until you know you can use it for good.
Check out anything in predator, asat, or even cabelas outfitter camo. It will be effective and much cheaper.
Hope that helps.
This is great advice. My suggestion would be to check the local classifieds. I check Craigslist and KSL all the time. Never know what you might find someone getting rid of.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 pm

I use one 3D suit. Just put it on over what ever I'm wearing. Works great all over the country. The wind will blow your hunt 99% more times than your camo will.