Archery book cliffs deer tag

Talk anything related to bowhunting
UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Archery book cliffs deer tag

Post by UvUBowhunter » Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm

I drew the archery book cliffs deer tag this year and dont really know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips on which way to go in or any specific mountains that are good to hunt or anything really that you wanna share that would be awesome!

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: Archery book cliffs deer tag

Post by dahlmer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Are interested or capable of going into the roadless area or do you intend to spend your time in the rest of the unit?

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:37 pm

It kinda depends. I have been in the roadless area for two elk hunts before so i know some of that area by bogart canyon and went ridge. We did see bucks in there but not very many. I plan on checking the rest of the unit out this month sometime just driving the roads and looking around.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Congratulations! I put my son in for that, and I put in for an elk tag there. How many points did you have?
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I had 8 points this year. I had been putting in for rifle but i got into archery the past two years and now im hooked!!! Cant wait for august! For elk are you putting in for the roaded area or roadless? I have been into the roadless area for two elk hunts. It is so cool back in there.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm

UvUBowhunter wrote:I had 8 points this year. I had been putting in for rifle but i got into archery the past two years and now im hooked!!! Cant wait for august! For elk are you putting in for the roaded area or roadless? I have been into the roadless area for two elk hunts. It is so cool back in there.
I didn't know there was a roadless area. As a bow hunter, I like to get away from the roads. That's where everybody else hunts, and my theory is that the road hunters will push the animals my way. :) Archery is way more addicting than rifle. I hardly shoot centerfire anymore.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm

ya my dad and uncle shot bulls back in the roadless area. And we helped a guy pack his archery bull out. We saw so many bulls back in there. We packed camp in 7 miles and stayed a week in there. It was so cool once you got back in there.