G5 Montec or CS

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

G5 Montec or CS

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

Wondering if anyone has seen a difference between the regular Montec and the Montec CS i think its called? I bought me a pack of 3 of the regular Montecs for hunting season. How does everyone like the Montecs. I want to stick with a fixed blade not a replaceable one. Thanks!

JDavid
Spike
Spike

Re: G5 Montec or CS

Post by JDavid » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I shoot the CS. The difference is suppose to be that the CS is stronger then the montec. They shoot like my field points after some minor tuning on my bow. They wistle when you send them down range but not as bad as others that I have heard. They are a breeze to sharpen. Best way that I have found is to...
1. Find yourself some plate glass. I used an old mirror I had laying around.
2. Go to the auto parts store and buy some 600,1200 and 2000 grit wet and dry sand paper. Tear them into a 4'' x 4'' piece.
3. Wet the glass and sand paper. The water helps hold the sand paper to the glass.
4. Then just follow the directions from G5 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBg4aYBAdt0

It cost me about $5 for the paper. I bet you could find some scrape pieces of glass from any auto glass company.

Of course any fine grit whetstone would work just as well. I just lost my extra fine stone last hunting season.
Is someone with 10 million dollars any happier than someone with 9 million?

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I haven't shot the Montec CS but i love the standard Montec! They're amazing broad heads and do some serious damage. The last deer I shot went 5 yards before taking a tumble and the one before that only went about 20. Id highly recommend them to anyone! :thumb
Last edited by ARCHER11 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Post by highcountryarchery » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I shoot the Montec and I really like how they fly and the damage they do

Full Draw
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Full Draw » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I've shot Montecs for 3 or 4 years and really like them. Last year I shot the CS version and didn't really notice anything different. They fly the same and put down my deer just as quickly. I haven't resharpened any of the CS blades yet so that might be where you see a difference...