finally get to hunt

Talk anything related to bowhunting
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

finally get to hunt

Post by one hunting fool » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

Well after working 2 weeks of 6 days a week I finally get to hunt this weekend. I haven't been able to look for deer in the last 3 weeks so i hope i can get back on the herd i has spotted before the hunt. wish me luck.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

BOHNTR

Re: finally get to hunt

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Yup, just being out there is worth it to me......good luck OHF.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Good luck bud!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Any success or sightings? I got out for the first time this weekend also. Had fun and one CLOSE encounter but couldn't seal the deal.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Good luck! I hope you have a great time!

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm

well here is my archery hunt in a nut shell. see lots of bucks on private land and even a few on puplic land but nothing i could get a shat at. the closest i came to shooting a deer is well there where 2.

first morning hunting i spooked a group of deer in puplic hunting ground near a CWMU area in the Northern Utah area. Nothing special 2 small 3 points and 4 does 3 fawns. then out comes this wierd buck. He was past his ears 3 inches easy. Running to the does and other bucks they stop about a mile half way up a hill so i sit down and say to myself I will just see where they lay down. I pull out my binos and glass this big buck.
here is my discription as i see it a one sided horned buck on his right side i see what looks like from that distance a typical 4 point (find out later it is more like a mix of whitetail and muley horns) they come out in a typical basket shape but he has 7 points on that side the G1 mainbeam is like a white tail in the front where it splits to the back looks like a 4 point back deep forks. the other side shoots straight out of his head level with the ground a palms out like a moose 3 inch paddle. i saw all this when they got closer ( I had him at 30 yards in the end)

I look him over and see he has abad hind leg that is going to make it easier for me to get to him i was thinking. i watch for 10 minutes as this red doe just will not settle she keeps looking my direction then back north i n the direction they came from. back to the CWMU i might add. i look and see the fence 0ver 100 yards to the north east of me. i follow with my binos back to where the deer are a kind of trail in the grass and weeds i see what she is planning almost the same time i see her make her break for it. all the other deer stand there stunned trying to decide to follow as she gets over 100 yards away from them her fawn following close behind the big non-typical is first to go with her. i make out the trail on the side hill and decide they will pop out on the other side of this hill on the other side of where i am. i make a break for it trying to get my wrist release on as i go. i stop to get it on and head right for the fence area thinking i could head them off. as i crest the hill they are closer than i estimated but only the non typical and the fawns are left on this side of the fence do to his hurt hind leg hewas in no hurry. as he see me he made his mind up quick and went over. i watched as he went up a valley with the others. fawns running everywhere.

i decided i would come back that night and see if they would make there way over the fence again. 5 pm comes and i see the red doe heading down with her the other does as i sit on the oppisite hill where there trail is a good 1/2 mile from the fence i see the does come over and collect their fanws that had found hiding places for the day. so happy to see thier moms they run around chasing each other as the does feed off.
the advantage of being so far off is that i could see the way the does came down and after they where a ways off i started down the hill toward the area where they had crossed a small gully. I sat in the gully and glassed up the hill 6:30 and here came the bucks. Two 3 points heading right for me. as they jump the fence they start right for me. I notice one of the bucks has bloody horns and has started to rub one side. they walk to 15 yards and do not even have a clue i am hiding. i let them pass.

I wait till dark but never see that wierd buck again. i have a feeling that the leap over rthe fence may have damaged his leg more (if it was busted maybe he cut his femeral artery and bled out. who knows.

tell you about the next day later. it was just as action packed for about 1 hour...lol
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Sounds like you found a great area for deer though