Utah extended archery hunt

Talk anything related to bowhunting
ylts0hg
Fawn
Fawn

Utah extended archery hunt

Post by ylts0hg » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:54 am

This is my first year on the dedicated hunter program. I am wanting to do the extended hunt. I already completed the ethics course. I just dont know where to go. Any advice.

a_bow_nut

Re: Utah extended archery hunt

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:34 am

As the rut keeps picking up watch for the does and the bucks won't be far behind.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

If you know a place that has had does earliear in the the season, go there, the bucks will start to show up. This is true for any eleveation.....

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Never hunted the extended, but agree with these guys. Get out your binos/spotter and if you find does the bucks will be there somewhere also. Rut action really brings the buck out of nowhere it seems.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:Never hunted the extended, but agree with these guys. Get out your binos/spotter and if you find does the bucks will be there somewhere also. Rut action really brings the buck out of nowhere it seems.
Same here, never done the extended but I spent 2 days on the general muzzleloader elk and saw 6 bucks that made my jaw drop, each were with or chasing does. I agree, find the does and you'll find a buck nearby.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore