Got that dreaded e-mail

Talk anything related to bowhunting
BOHNTR

Got that dreaded e-mail

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:52 pm

Yup, I got that dreaded e-mail from Utah saying no, no, no BOHNTR, no archery Pauns tag for you this year..........but we will give you ANOTHER point. :x

Anyone have any GOOD news on the draw?

BOHNTR )))---------------->

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:18 pm

Nothing doing for me either. :(

akw270

Post by akw270 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Well, It wasn't for achery, But i DID draw the pauns tag this year! My hearts-a-racing as we speek!

akw270

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:24 pm

akw270:

Outstanding man! That's a tough draw my friend. Better go out and buy some lotto tickets too. Just remember, ol' BOHNTR was here for ya. :lol:

Bet you can't wait to start scouting that unit. Congratulations again. It's always nice to have a fellow MM guy/gal get drawn for a premium tag.

BOHNTR )))---------------->

AZBuckSnort
Fawn
Fawn

Post by AZBuckSnort » Sun May 02, 2004 11:48 am

The entire family was skunked for Utah '04 permits. How does my 63 year old father not draw the Paunsaugunt with 12 bonus points as a non-resident? That is brutal! Oh well, maybe a non-resident with a tag will turn it back in as the buzz of "another poor year for antler growth" rolls through the paunsaugunt hunting community...yeah, right.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon May 03, 2004 7:56 am

:roll:

It looks like your dad and my brother have about the same kind of luck when it comes to drawing tags. A few years ago 81 applicants applied for 80 permits on a particular hunt. My bro was number 81 and did not receive a tag. After reviewing the 2003 & 2004 draw odds reports; it appears as your dad was close to a shoe in. I think it's safe to say he can plan on going next year, maybe! (LOL)

AZBuckSnort
Fawn
Fawn

Post by AZBuckSnort » Wed May 05, 2004 10:38 pm

I sure hope so, he isn't getting any younger! The sad thing is if you don't draw out for a Gen tag in Utah, you're really in a pressure spot for a tag as the other states we apply in, NV-AZ-WA, are triple tough to draw a quality muley tag.

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Dont give your hopes up

Post by shedhunter » Wed May 05, 2004 11:00 pm

Hey Ya'll!

Don't just give up on that big buck yet! If you really want to hunt, get out that 'ol bow and head to any general unit in Utah. There are big deer there too, you just might have to hunt a little harder! Nothing wrong with a bunch of hard work and a big buck that follows! People are disapointed in mule deer hunting in Utah. I always see good bucks, Its getting them on the ground that is the hard part, or finding them when the hunt rolls around :wink: ! If you are rich enough to go guided, call a guide, there are guides for general areas as well! Bowhunting is tough, but big deer are more readily avaliable that time of year too! Just another reason the state-wide bow hunt rocks! I don't think that it is going away anytime soon! So Bowhunt-ON!
~shedhunter~

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat May 22, 2004 6:28 pm

AKW is the only one of us with good news thus far?!?! Man, I was looking forward to some great stories and pics come the end of the year! No worries though, I'm sure we'll pull something out of our collective hat.
I'll find out about the California draws in about a month....probably end up in the same boat as the majority of us though, but the anticipation is killing me! Kinda like Christmas as a kid....hoping you get that killer pellet gun but you also know dang good and well that there are probably socks and underwear in some of the wrapping!