My Utah 3 point buck

Talk anything related to bowhunting
WIDOW_MAKER
Fawn
Fawn

My Utah 3 point buck

Post by WIDOW_MAKER » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:08 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/ ... ing002.jpg

Here is a picture of me and my buck I got on sunday morning(Aug. 22, 2004). I hunted out of my treestand all opening day. I got a shot at a 3 point and missed. The second morning I hunted out of my treestand again. I wasn't seeing anything, so I went to my 4-wheeler and headed to where my group was. I Hunted where they were a didn't see much. We got back to the truck and wheeler and my brother had left his fanny pack on log way back in the trees. As they went back and I told my dad that I was going to hunt more before we would pack up and go. So I took my wheeler and parked off the side of the dirt road. I saw this ridge that looked pretty good. So I hiked to it. When I got to the top I was on the road that I just rode my wheeler on. "What a waste of a hike", I thought. So I started hiking on the road back to my wheeler. I was moving fast. I herd something run of and looked to the side the road and saw this decent buck take of. I thought I blew it. I herd some wheelers coming so I hopped over a fence and went 20 yards of the road. I let the wheelers get away from me. I started to walk around a tree and then he was there in some dark pines staring at me. I huried and pulled my bow back and used my 30 yard pin. It was a down hill shot. I let the arrow fling and the buck took off. Called my dad on the radios and told him I shot at a buck. So my dad, my brother and my grandpa came to where I was. We went down and found my arrow. It was covered with blood. I was so excited. We followed the blood trail and found him 150 yards from where I shot him. He is a nice 3x3. Real symetrical.

Another great memory and a great hunting story.

WIDOW_MAKER
Last edited by WIDOW_MAKER on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by shedhunter » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:27 am

Congrats there WIDOW_MAKER!!!
Looks to be a pretty nice buck!
Nothing like tagging out early!
~shedhunter~