Grim Reapers

Talk anything related to bowhunting
PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: Grim Reapers

Post by PhillyB » Thu May 21, 2009 8:02 pm

wapiti67 wrote:They are kinda similar to the Rage Braodhead in that they are both Slip-cam technology... that's where the similarities end...The EPEK does not fial when shot through blind material...also at the latest SHOT show...there was a contest between Rage and another leading Mechanical, at a 100 yards...the Rage opened up midflight, screwing up the aerodynamics...a similar test was done using that same broadhead (Rage) and The Epek X-C3....after 100 shots the Epek never opened in flight once...the same cannot be said of the other head...Darrin ( the designer of the EPEK) would NOT releasse the product until it was flawless....now I am only using the X-C3
l may have missed it, but when l checked out the website, l couldnt see how the blades are held down. Do they use rubber bands to keep the blades retracted during flight, or is it something else?
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

wapiti67
Spike
Spike

Post by wapiti67 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:37 am

I'm not an engineer, but I'm pretty sure that they are held in place by a cam-lock system...they ONLY deploy when they hit...not in flight, and not when you shoot them through the netting on a ground blind. The great thing is by moving a set screw, you can shoot them as practice heads...never do the blades deploy in this configuration

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:00 am

wapiti67- Have you killed anything with the EPEK yet?
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

wapiti67
Spike
Spike

Post by wapiti67 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:03 am

nope...just waiting for this season to start...i am so convinced these will work for me, I bought them for my 13 yr old son for his elk hunt....but, I have personally seen them kill a buffalo, and a Russian Boar...neither of which went more then 50 yrds....huge wound channels and no blade failures...I have always been a Muzzy guy, and would NEVER use a mechanical...I'm a huge student of the KISS system...(keep it simple stupid). saying that, I am totally convinced these broadheads are the way to go.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 am

You'll have to give us a report of how they work for you.

:arrow

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue May 26, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm curious as to the EPEK heads also, you think it's possible that they'll make a 75 grain broadhead weight? Looks like 100 grain is smallest, not sure a 75 is possible with the design/complications etc. Anyone know?

Proutdoors you know?

wapiti67
Spike
Spike

Post by wapiti67 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey Bowtech...why do't you talk to Gerald down at Utah Archery Center....He's killed several animals with the EPEK

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Tue May 26, 2009 10:36 pm

wapiti67 wrote:I'm a huge student of the KISS system...(keep it simple stupid). saying that, I am totally convinced these broadheads are the way to go.
lol

i think along the same lines as you!!! i haven't shot the epek yet, but have been thinking about it!!! If i ever switch to mechanicals it will be epek

9er
Watch your top knot!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 pm

wapiti67 wrote:Hey Bowtech...why do't you talk to Gerald down at Utah Archery Center....He's killed several animals with the EPEK
Sounds good! Thanks Wapiti.

BowtechAdmiral
Spike
Spike

Post by BowtechAdmiral » Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Wow, let's get back to the question that was originally asked. Humphries Archery is an awesome shop to take your bow and they know their stuff. You should go to Grim Reapers web site and order the Greatest Hits DVD for $9.99. After you watch the 30 Kills that the Grim Reaper Broadheads do you will be buying them. You can see the blood pouring out of the animals. As for Epic Broadheadsthey are a nice head but I would shoot the G5 Tekan before using the Epic IMO.
New School Archer. Never settle with good. Always looking for something better.