Any success on UT bow hunt?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any success on UT bow hunt?

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:37 pm

So was there any luck or success on the opening of the Utah archery hunt?

I was able to get out but never let an arrow fly. Saw very few deer, but tons of Antelope. To bad I didn't have a tag for Antelope.

I ran into tons of hunters, got rained on quite a bit and was overall disappointed in the lack of deer.

Did see a couple small bucks, and a nice 19" 2 point. Wouldn't have taken the shot had I been given the chance though.

Overall I'm of the opinion that mule deer herds are still in serious trouble in Utah. I believe there is still certain areas or units that are doing okay. But several areas where I hunt and used to hunt are in real bad shape. Simply no deer where they used to be plentiful.

Anonymous

Utah bowhunt

Post by Anonymous » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:02 pm

I also experienced too many hunters to really allow for good hunting. I did get into a couple of quality deer. I had two situations that fell apart when I was just trying to get those last five crucial yards. But it was fun to get close to a couple of big boys. I let several smaller bucks go including one really nice, heavy three point. I am going back to that area on friday.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:46 pm

Well, hopefully some of the crowds have toned down a bit. I'll be heading up there tomorrow for a week long hunt. Hope I can find some of those bucks I saw while scouting.

After Utah, I'm heading down to northern Arizona for the opener. I'll be there until I find the buck I want or the season closes. Good luck to you guys and see you in a few weeks.

BOHNTR )))--------------->

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

No other Utah Archery sotries?

Post by shedhunter » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:57 pm

Sounds like this topic is dead, but just for the burn of it, I stuck a 24" 175 class buck on the fourth morning. He wasn't my first choice, but a nice one for my first archery buck!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:10 pm

Shed:

Post up a picture of that bad boy.....We'd ALL like to see it.

BOHNTR )))--------------->

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Pics

Post by shedhunter » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:39 am

I'll get them on here quick. They are digitals of paper photos so the quality isn't as good, but it isnt that bad either. Coming soon!