Roadkill Problems?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roadkill Problems?

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:20 pm

I can't stand it when I come across roadkills, especially bucks like this nice 3-point. I heard rumor that a big 5x6 was killed on the highway last year in the same spot as this one? Anyway I don't like to see it.

Anyone have pictures or problems like this where you live?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:03 am

Decided the pictures wasn't the greatest thing to look at, so I removed it. Is there any estimates or stats on how many deer are killed per year on highways/freeways?

fin little
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fin little » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:58 pm

I dont know about all highways . I do know sevaral are hit on the highway between Kanab and Page nightly, during the spring and fall migration. The state road has key areas posted with flashing lights warning drivers to slow way down. I dont think its helped much. Its sad to see deer killed this way. Its even more sad to see people get hurt and killed. There's no easy answers.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:41 am

True it is sad, but there is nothing we can do about it but maybe stress more caution. I 'm willing to bet poachers do 10 times the amount of damage because they usually take the mature big racked bucks that are needed to keep a healthy herd.