two called hogs

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Guess
Fawn
Fawn

two called hogs

Post by Guess » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I got my new Firestorm call in yesterday, it's been killin' me to get out and do some predator callin' but I haven't had time. At the last minute today I loaded some hog sounds and headed out to try and call a hog or two. Within five minutes after setting up to call a bedding area I could hear a hog headed my way. He stopped on the edge of the brush for a second then headed on toward the call foaming at the mouth and popping his jaws. I shot him with the Icon before he could get down wind of me. I tried another spot without any luck then called Michelle to see if she had found any hogs. She said she could hear them in the hay field but couldn't see them. I headed her way and we set up the call in the only clearing we had. I played the sow protection sound and could hear hogs grunting in the distance. I could hear one slowly coming our way then it stopped. I switched to Lil' piggy and then back to sow protection sound and she came hard and fast bouncing the way a coyote does in tall grass. As soon as she cleared the head high stalks Michelle shot her in the head with her 7mm mag. We didn't have enough light for another stand so we loaded them up and headed for the house.
field editor Boar Hunter Magazine and Los Cazadores

fieldstaff for FOXPRO and BOGgear

sponsored by EOTech

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: two called hogs

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

DANG Guess!!! I love it when a new member checks on board and starts throwing pic, after pic, after pic on here! You and yours sure are a couple "go getters"!

Man, that's one thing a really miss about when I was still active duty and stationed in California...hog hunting! What a blast and a great way to span big game season!

Guess
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Guess » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 pm

I'll try and get some new hunts up soon as I get over my pneumonia.

in the meantime you can spend hours checking out our gallery.
hope you enjoy.
http://www.gofoxpro.com/foxpro_photos/t ... hp?album=2

sponsored by EOTech

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:06 am

cool pictures GUESS.
i agree with Hawk, you can never post to many pictures. i'm enjoying looking at them.

That is one thing i want to do, go hog hunting! i did meet a guy from california this last bow season that envited me down to shoot hogs. I need to give him a call ](*,)

do they taste just like regular pork?

Guess
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Guess » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:22 pm

no they taste more like beef, if they processed correctly they are not gamey at all. We live off of pork.

I'm working on a recipe page for wild hogs, however venison can be substituted for pork. I'll let you know when it's up.
here's our gallery if you want to see a bucnh of hogs.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/foxpro_photos/t ... hp?album=2

sponsored by EOTech

Jmarsh
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jmarsh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Wow! congrats! Those are some big pigs!

MuleyHunterNV
Spike
Spike

Post by MuleyHunterNV » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Those are some nice pigs. Keep up the good work.