New! LE Book Cliffs, LE Deep Creeks

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Steep and Deep Bulls
Fawn
Fawn

New! LE Book Cliffs, LE Deep Creeks

Post by Steep and Deep Bulls » Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 pm

So I'm new as a "Poster", but not as a follower or reader. I've been following "Muley Madness" for years, I have just never registered. I was just stoked this year to finally have drawn my L.E. Rifle Book Cliffs Muley Tag! So I thought I'd post my happiness! I've been in for 9 years, and I debated this year as to whether or not I would just keep putting in for the Henry's or for Fillmore Oak Creek. But I decided that with the changes coming in 2012 and with no one for sure know what the next few years would hold, I just went all in for the Books! Plus with the rollover rate I'd probably be about 45 by the time I got the Henry's! Ha! Hope I made the right choice. Honestly I'm stoked and will just love getting out there with my brothers and my Father. I've always wanted to make it over to the Book's as well as just take a nice buck. Because I need to start in on my LE Bull points.

Also my brother drew his LE Bull Deep Creek tag, I'm fairly familiar with the area, and the Indian Land, but any info or pics that anyone else has would be much appreciated. I'll be out there hiking my legs off later this season to see what I can turn up! My brother won't be able to do much scouting, so I'm going to try and help him out as much as I can. That country is pretty unforgiving!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New! LE Book Cliffs, LE Deep Creeks

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed May 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Welcome,

Nice place out there, although I'm not much help as I've never hunted it. I think you'll have a blast, don't set your expectations to high and ENJOY is the key. My first LE deer tag was...well, STRESSFUL I put to much expectations on myself and you guessed it blew my chance at a BIG ONE and beat my self up about it forever. :)

I won't make that same mistake again.

I think you can find a good buck that make you smile, keep us posted and hopefully others will chime in with better advice on the Unit for you.

Steep and Deep Bulls
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Steep and Deep Bulls » Wed May 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks! Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! Thank you for the great advice. It's all about making great memories with my brothers and my Dad, and hopefully I can pull a decent Buck out of the deal too! Plus I really want to start putting in for my L.E. Bull Elk Tag so that I'm not using a cane by the time I draw out on that.

By the way does anyone have any helpful information on the second part of my post regarding my brothers L.E. Deep Creek Bull tag? I'm not asking for honey holes- Just more or less curious what people have generally seen out there. Whether the West or East side of the mountain, or North or South side of the mountain is better. If anyone has any pics of bulls taken out there or been on any hunts that info would be much appreciated. I'll surely be waisting my legs by the time I'm down scouting out there. The country is big!

Steep and Deep Bulls
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Steep and Deep Bulls » Thu May 26, 2011 9:37 am

Sorry! I just saw the "Role Call" post, and I didn't mean to post without introducing myself first, because I want to be a "good" part of this forum, so I just posted under "Role Call" Don't want to come across wrong- I definitely WORK hard every season and put the time in, my wife generally things too much TIME, for my hunting experiences without question. Ha!

JDavid
Spike
Spike

Post by JDavid » Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 am

Im not to far from the deep creeks. I live in Wendover. There is a herd down there that is stuck in the same routine. (alfalfa fields to the mountain) The herd bull is always a nice 6x6 350-400 class bull (400 maybe pushing it) that being said everyother of the hunters will be hunting there as well. As for the reservation, there are a few places that you can open the gate and drive through. You better not stop drive straight through and stay on the road. I know of people that have stopped to glass while still on the reservation and they came and took everything from the guy, impounded his truck and when he got it back a month later it was bet up with an extra 30000 miles put on it.

If you want some good locations to start your scouting some not far off the beaten path and others way off the beaten path. shoot me a PM and I will be happy to help.
Is someone with 10 million dollars any happier than someone with 9 million?

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Can't help you in the Deep Creeks area, but let me know what you're thinking with the Book Cliffs and I can fill you in with what I know.

treedagain
2 point
2 point

Post by treedagain » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm

P.M sent