New Vortex Range Finder

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

New Vortex Range Finder

Post by For The Love of It » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I just wanted to let yu guys know I just bought th new vortex 1000 range finder and im very impressed with it. Its easy to use has a red display and wasnt to horribly priced. Also it will read a deer sized object out to 500 yards which is more than enough for me. So if anyone is in the market for a new range finder i would highly recommend this one.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Vortex Range Finder

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for the review, I was honestly just looking at that exact one today. :)

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I was wondering how Vortex would do with their rangefinder... sounds like a great one! I'm a huge Vortex fan and wouldn't mind adding that to my collection.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

For The Love Of It-
Have you had the chance to mess around with the rangefinder lately? Have you been testing a lot of the features? I'm seriously considering upgrading soon and haven't found too many reviews on the new vortex ranger. I would love to hear some more of your thoughts!

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I have the same one and all I can say the first time I took it out was WOW! I could get a deer target at 547 yards. Best range finder I've ever seen
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"

For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

Post by For The Love of It » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey waspocrew I have been so busy with work lately that I havent had time to mess around with it much but from what I have messed around with this is a very easy rangefinder to use. There are not alot of settings a guy has to worry about. It calculates your angle compensation automatically and is very light weight and small. Shoot me a PM if there is anything else you would like to know about it.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 pm

For The Love of It wrote:Hey waspocrew I have been so busy with work lately that I havent had time to mess around with it much but from what I have messed around with this is a very easy rangefinder to use. There are not alot of settings a guy has to worry about. It calculates your angle compensation automatically and is very light weight and small. Shoot me a PM if there is anything else you would like to know about it.
Sounds like a great rangefinder for sure.. thanks for getting back to me!