Yak4fish Big Game hunt 2012

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
yak4fish
Fawn
Fawn

Yak4fish Big Game hunt 2012

Post by yak4fish » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 am

I have to say I was very disappointed when I didn’t draw my first choice Deer hunt and ended up drawing my second choice 12/16B/16C. I went into this hunt expecting nothing more than a camping trip with hikes carrying my rifle around watching ATV’s race around on the roads. I ended up drawing a cow tag for the same area with the hope it would increase my odds of being successful.
Turns out I ended up having a great trip the crowded hunts I remember from back in the 80’s didn’t happen. We found a prime camping spot easily the hunter numbers were far less than expected.
Enjoy the pictures.

[img]
Next day while I was putting my boots on in the tent BOOM! My brother shoots a forked horn buck 50 yards from the tent.
Next day while I was putting my boots on in the tent BOOM! My brother shoots a forked horn buck 50 yards from the tent.
Hunt_8.JPG (89.05 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]

[img]
Cold a tired from packing Elk quarters 1000 vertical feet down to the truck.Why do I always get my elkk in these nasty places?
Cold a tired from packing Elk quarters 1000 vertical feet down to the truck.Why do I always get my elkk in these nasty places?
Hunt_7.JPG (45.88 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]
[img]
Shot my cow in a snow storm.
Shot my cow in a snow storm.
[/img]
[img]
Hunt_5.JPG
Hunt_5.JPG (99.29 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]

[img]
Saw lots of does most had healty fawns with them.
Saw lots of does most had healty fawns with them.
Hunt_4.JPG (94.86 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]
[img]
View from Skyline drive.
View from Skyline drive.
Hunt_3.JPG (45.64 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]
[img]
View from skyline Drive
View from skyline Drive
Hunt_2.JPG (175.1 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]

[img]
Camp forr the week.
Camp forr the week.
Hunt_1.JPG (158.53 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
[/img]

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteYak4fish Biggame hunt 2012
by yak4fish » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 am

I have to say I was very disappointed when I didn’t draw my first choice Deer hunt and ended up drawing my second choice 12/16B/16C. I went into this hunt expecting nothing more than a camping trip with hikes carrying my rifle around watching ATV’s race around on the roads. I ended up drawing a cow tag for the same area with the hope it would increase my odds of being successful.
Turns out I ended up having a great trip the crowded hunts I remember from back in the 80’s didn’t happen. We found a prime camping spot easily the hunter numbers were far less than expected.
Enjoy the pictures.
Camp for the week.

Hunt_1.JPG (158.53 KiB) Viewed 379 times

From skyline drive.

Hunt_2.JPG (175.1 KiB) Viewed 379 times

Saw hundreds of does. most had fawns.

Got my cow elk in a snow storm.

Tired and cold from packing elk quarters down 1000 vertical feet. Why do I always get my elk in these nasty places?

Hunt_7.JPG (45.88 KiB) Viewed 379 times

Next day while I'm putting my boots on in the tent BOOM! My brother kills a forked horn 50 yards from the tent.

Maxed the pictures out for a thread.

It was very cold the last couple of days after the snow but we had cut alot of wood so we were comfortable. Ended up having a great and successful trip back in the old area we used to hunt in the 80's.
Remember to put in for those second choice hunts you just might have fun, I did.
Allen

yak4fish
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Yak4fish Big Game hunt 2012

Post by yak4fish » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:12 am

I don't know what I did but my pictures didn't come out in the order I placed them in line. They came out bottom to top order.

Hiker

Re: Yak4fish Big Game hunt 2012

Post by Hiker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Way to go. :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6