what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in em

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:57 pm

i would go with the "BADLANDS" no questions asked

i recently purhcased a badlands from CVRN, i have used it alot this summer and took it to idaho last week, while i was there, i got ripped, i was still able to use it, i got back to utah, called the dealer to see what i neeed to do to get it fixed, they said to bring it down, i wasnt able to get there till after hours, someone was waiting for me! I told them that i needed the pack the next day if possible, the dealer said they would try and get it fixed in the morning, and if they werent able to fix it, they would give me a "loaner" till they were able to get mine fixed! the next morning, i got a phone call from "badlands" and they said the pack was fixed and ready to pick up, once i again i wasnt able to make it down till after hours but they had someone wait for me to show up!

after dealing with them, and the quality packs they have, IMO, badlands is the only way to go!

9er

Idcurs
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Idcurs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:35 pm

If the pack is for just one hunt then any cheap pack will do.I spend over 250 days a year with my pack on my back,and the best I have found so far is the just one pack from Eberlestock.It holds my spotting scope and my tripod legs,my rifle or bow and all my gear.It opens out to a game bag to haul out your deer,sheep or whatever!!You can get it at Sportsmans Warehouse or Bass pro at around 199.I have hauled out many deer,sheep,lions, bear,antelope,elk ,buffalo and moose with out any problems.

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Idcurs wrote:If the pack is for just one hunt then any cheap pack will do.I spend over 250 days a year with my pack on my back,and the best I have found so far is the just one pack from Eberlestock.It holds my spotting scope and my tripod legs,my rifle or bow and all my gear.It opens out to a game bag to haul out your deer,sheep or whatever!!You can get it at Sportsmans Warehouse or Bass pro at around 199.I have hauled out many deer,sheep,lions, bear,antelope,elk ,buffalo and moose with out any problems.
I second that. Its a great well built pack. I have the j104 and the only draw back its a little heavy. Has everything a guys needs though! The 104 is big enough for a 7 day hunt.
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

IDHunter
2 point
2 point

Post by IDHunter » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:32 pm

I have a few Badlands including the 2200 but I prefer my cheapo Fieldline for a day pack. The problem with the 2200 is it sticks up too high off my shoulders. When I'm walking through brush, I'm constantly getting hung up on everything.

muzzhunter
Spike
Spike

Re: what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in

Post by muzzhunter » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Fieldline makes some affordable packs, and from my experience they seem to hold up pretty well. I, like you cannot afford the upper end packs, but I do have two fieldlines in different sizes. They have both held up well so far. I have had one for about 6 years and the other 4. Both still in great shape.

Hiker

Re:

Post by Hiker » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:37 am

Buck Fever wrote:
Idcurs wrote:If the pack is for just one hunt then any cheap pack will do.I spend over 250 days a year with my pack on my back,and the best I have found so far is the just one pack from Eberlestock.It holds my spotting scope and my tripod legs,my rifle or bow and all my gear.It opens out to a game bag to haul out your deer,sheep or whatever!!You can get it at Sportsmans Warehouse or Bass pro at around 199.I have hauled out many deer,sheep,lions, bear,antelope,elk ,buffalo and moose with out any problems.
I second that. Its a great well built pack. I have the j104 and the only draw back its a little heavy. Has everything a guys needs though! The 104 is big enough for a 7 day hunt.
It might be a little large for a daypack but I think you two are right about the J104 doing about everything you need for a over night hunt to a 4-7 day hunt. I especially like the zip on base camp duffle, that will really come in handy when you have a large load coming back off of the mountain. From what I see see, no wasted trips with the J104. The J107 also looks great but might be a little large for the type of hunting I do, but down the road I might jump up to that. I met Glen, the owner of Eberleston in Denver at the expo. He took time to go completely through both backs with me and I was quite impressed. At first I thought I wanted a external frame backpack.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:30 am

I just looked at these packs and was very impressed. They seem to be very well made with a lot of thought put into them. It also felt like a dream except for the fact it was empty and in a store.

My very very old JanSport is far past needing to be replaced. It about killed me on my last pack trip so I have a new pack on my list!

Bound for retirement!

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Mon May 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Mystery Ranch out of Bozeman Montana "Monkey Packs". The former head designer for DANA created this company and their packs are awesome. Find them at mysteryranch.com
I use two of them and there is just too much to mention in one little reply, visit the web site! You won't be disappointed!! 10sign:
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

sureshot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sureshot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 pm

Badlands, I pack anything I think I might have A chance of needing. Also I can pack my Rifle or Bow If I care to with this pack.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 am

Like a lot of you guys have said it depends on the hike for the day.
Usually I just use my issued digital daypack with camelback built in. It was free and is a very sturdy pack for short day hunts. I usually bring-
8 liters of water
Jerky
Dried Fruit
Hard Candy
Matches
Lighter
50 ft of Rope
Extra Clothing depending on time of year
2 knives
knife sharpener
Spotting scope with bipod
1st aid kit
extra ammo
Not as much as some of yall but it all gets the job done.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28