what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in em

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
doeslayer32
Fawn
Fawn

what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in em

Post by doeslayer32 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm

just curious what kind of daypacks people use and like and also what kind of things should I have in it for sure besides water and food has anybody tried either of these

1 Cabelas Elite Scout

2 Fieldline Master Hunter

3 Fieldstone Mt. Whetstone Hydration pak

all from cabelas
VEGETARIAN [OLD INDIAN WORD] FOR BAD HUNTER

THERE IS A PLACE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATURE'S .....RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY!!!!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:23 pm

badlands makes a couple great packs, i would check them out.

doeslayer32
Fawn
Fawn

Post by doeslayer32 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:36 pm

ya ya but they are spendy, if I was able to afford a guided hunt I would probably buy on but I will be doing a DIY on public land meaning dont have alot of funding the dang tags kill a guy right off the bat and then you got gas and food another 600 for each of us there is six of us by the way and I got TWINS on the way SURE HOPE I DONT ACCIDENTLY SLIP AND FALL TO MY DEATH [JUST KIDDING CANT WAIT FOR THE LITTLE BUGGERS TO GET HERE]
VEGETARIAN [OLD INDIAN WORD] FOR BAD HUNTER

THERE IS A PLACE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATURE'S .....RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY!!!!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:39 pm

doeslayer32 wrote:ya ya but they are spendy bastards
haha i have to agree with ya there. congrats by the way on about to be the father of some twins
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:41 pm

I have several I use depending on what I am doing. But, the one that gets the most use is a cabelas "guide" model.

I know I will leave something out here. I have a check list somewhere.

2 water bottles
3 knives
knife sharpener
first aid kit with mole skin
2 compasses
rubber gloves
energy bars,hard candy
trash bags
game bags, baggies
2 or 3 fire starting devices (9 volt and steel wool, lighter,waterproof matches, mag stricker, flint and steel stricker) again depends
space blanket
ammo
flashlight and head lamp
packable rain pullover
waterproof maps
gerber 2 bladed bone/wood saw
baby wipes
tags
parachute cord
electrical tape
calls (depending on what I'm hunting)
glow sticks
extra gloves
extra socks
stocking cap

Normally it is all or any combination of the above, plus I'm sure there is more I have missed.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:27 pm

my school back pack

TRPHYHNTR_11
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TRPHYHNTR_11 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:36 pm

I use the badlands daypack and my dad has the badlands 2200. Of those two packs i would recomend the 2200 it is more slimline and is closer to your body this seems to help distribute weight better and its less likely to get caught on branches when walking through thick woods. The daypack has a little more room but its a little bulky for me. I agree with everything to have in your pack in the above posts but one thing that i have found very usefull that has not been mentioned is a jetboil stove. These are great stoves! have used mine many times while in the field and am glad i have it. It is pretty light, its compact, and it boils 2 cups of water in just a few minutes! hope this helped a little feel free to ask some questions.
GIVE EM THE SHAFT
>>>---------------->

ET TOM
Fawn
Fawn

pack

Post by ET TOM » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Dont forget the cammera, whistle, rope and uvsented wipes.

TOM

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm

I told you I was forgetting stuff.

I would like a jetboil. Got to get one.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:03 am

Depends on my hike. If I go into some nasty country form dawn to dusk, it's different than when I walk say some familiar badlands. Water is #1. Always camera, couple plastic bags, knife, matches, binocks, couple apples, sandwich, couple bars.

When I go into unfamiliar nasty country [at least a couple times a year I love the adventure] I add extra water, extra bars, compass, lightweight blanket, hooded sweatshirt, adhesive tape, some extra cartridges. I think I'm forgetting something?

I don't know what my pack is called, I bought it from Gander Mountain a loooong time ago and it's nothing fancy. Think I'm due for a new one.

Congrats on the twins, great times. My kids are grown and gone on their own. We miss them but Lots more free time for Dad :thumb