Nosler failures

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
waynedevore

Re: Nosler failures

Post by waynedevore » Thu May 28, 2009 7:00 am

I'm just another that's been using 270 130 grain for ummm 30 some years. I use factory Federal Premiums. I work to get into a comfortable range and shot placement. Don't have any trouble with wounding game. I don't like blasting game into the shoulder. Usually go for the area just behind the shoulder getting into the lungs or heart.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 am

I'm just another that's been using 270 130 grain for ummm 30 some years. I use factory Federal Premiums. I work to get into a comfortable range and shot placement. Don't have any trouble with wounding game. I don't like blasting game into the shoulder. Usually go for the area just behind the shoulder getting into the lungs or heart.
That sounds just like me. I shoot the 270 130 grain on deer and antelope. Always have, likely always will. :)

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Read again what I said... I stated that when shooting the BALLISTIC TIPS anything below 165 grains on big game is too small.. in my opinion. I mentioned nothing about shooting lesser grains in a different bullett. Just the BALLISTIC TIPS. Don't get it twisted.