Motivation! Whats Yours

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
9er
Monster
Monster

Motivation! Whats Yours

Post by 9er » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:45 am

Just curious to see what everyones motivation is it get over that next ridge, or to get out of bed 15 min earlier than the day before or whatever it may be!

What gets you motivated to make that final push up the mtn?

9er
Watch your top knot!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:12 am

For me going over the next ridge is one of the funnest moments of hunting...

it's the thrill of the unknown, almost like exploring, you never know what might be there, what's in the next canyon, what you might see, or hear, or smell...

and how big that buck just might be and you never know until you keep climbing or take one last look. :)

basically I enjoy the whole thing, but the thrill and excitement of what "might be there" is what keeps me going. Cause you just never know. :thumb

Ignore the bad English. :))

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 am

nothing motivates me more than this right here! to bring home a big buck or bull for Danner is awsome! the look on her face and the big smiles, thats what it is all about!

In the woods on my bivy hunts what motivates me is the physicle challenge. not just stopping at that first big mnt. but going to the next one, then the next one. the chance at finding that secrete spot that has 375" bulls and 190" bucks playing together like kids in a sandbox[ until i go shoot them :)) ] being in the woods is my kind of way of being in church (???) what better way to see creation then being out there watching it in person.
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_100_1731.jpg
rsz_1rsz_100_1731.jpg (98.73 KiB) Viewed 5073 times

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:10 pm

9er, I'd have to agree with both MM and Killer to an extent.

I'll tell ya, I can remember MANY times when I told myself "I'll just hike over to this next ridgeline (or draw, or canyon) to take a peak and see what I can find. Once there, the NEXT ridgeline, draw, or canyon looks equally inviting so I say the SAME thing and start on my way. Next thing you know I'm another two miles away from EVERYTHING...and enjoying every step!

Likewise, nothing is quite as cool as making a great stalk, an equally great shot, and walking up to your "trophy" once he's down. There has been a number of times when I have just sat next to my buck after I've reached him and stared at him...taking it all in and enjoying the moment! It's just an AWESOME feeling!

Of course, while packing him back I am cursing myself the whole time for hiking so far away from my rig or camp, forgetting my favorite knife, not packing enough water, etc....LOL

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:16 pm

good responses,

what do you do when the "going gets tough"? Im sick and tired of these 430 and 500 oclock mornings, im sick and tired of hiking my #$# off, i dread every morning, cuz i know what lies ahead of me!

dont get me wrong, yes i will be out all next week hunting, just as hard as ever, and enjoying it, but sometimes we all need an extra "kick in the #$#" to get us going again! whats that for you guys!!

9er
Watch your top knot!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:22 pm

9er,

I think we all feel like that every now and again...especially as we get older.

I WILL take a day off every once in a while to "recharge" my batteries. A lot of times it's just what I need in order to answer that alarm clock the next morning.
Visiting sites like MM also helps a lot! I take a look at all the fine animals that others have harvested and it get's my blood flowin' again...and gives me the motivation to keep going!

My wife helps sometimes too. "There's no way you're staying home after spending all that money for tags, licenses, gear, etc! Get your butt in gear and get back out there!"

Gotta love her!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:00 pm

well the getting up part i dont have to much of a problem with, i usually get up the same time i get up every morning. i'm the type of person who cant stay up late at night and wake up most mornings at 4:30 cuz i cant sleep any more. but when i'm headed out to the woods and i'm just not feeling it that morning, nothing gets the ol' blood pumping like cranking FRED BEAR-- by TED NUGENT!. no kidding it works every time!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:49 pm

For Me, the 07 hunt is over. Been a long haul. Started mid Sept without hardly a breather between trips. Talking early mornings? Often it was a all night drive to get there by early morning first light. Am I glad it's over? Some, maybe. Will I do it all over again? OH YEAH!! already planning.
What gets me motivated? Not sure? Other than I love the challenge. Love the adventure, love the outdoors, love nature and always wondering whats over the next ridge. And I got a lot more ridges to check out. :thumb

Heads or Tails
2 point
2 point

Post by Heads or Tails » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:22 pm

All your responses are well meant truths.

I would say that in my case, simualr with what has been said...everday, every ridge, every canyon, every hunt (no matter the species), every morning and every evening hold in store something new and you may get your "best yet" when you least expect it.
Knowing that the last twenty minutes (as my wife found out this year) is as good as the first twenty minutes.

But that is just some of my words some of my best motivation comes from my boys and my wife and being able to help, teach and share hunting and the outdoors with them---being able to see thm experience success and enjoyment.

He are just a few pics of my best motivation.
Attachments
JDturkey3-web.jpg
JDturkey3-web.jpg (127.52 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
MIchelles's-Buck-07-001-web.jpg
MIchelles's-Buck-07-001-web.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
Heads or Tails Hunting Co.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:39 pm

Killer,

Fred Bear is a great song!!!