wyoming upping the ante

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 am

What really bothers me about the trend in general is that hunters by all accounts are a decling breed. How on earth are we ever going to attract more people to the past time that most of us passionately enjoy if the entry fee (not just tags cost) is so high?

The wilderness policy of Wyoming is Bravo Siera without a doubt.

I have also thought that all public land should have a public easement for access. That is done in all other aspects of public and shared bordered property any where and every sector whether at the local, state or federal level. Why on earth can we not get it to access our own public properties?

In my state the tag cost is so high that my out of state family really can not afford to come hunt with me anymore.

Plus with 97% of the state being privately owned the days of driving down a road and getting permission to hunt are long gone. You lease the land or you don't hunt and the competition for good leased property is out of reach for most hunters. I can't begin to tell you how many residents I know that have given up deer hunting because of lack of and price of access.

It is a trend that is going to haunt and damage our way of life.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:58 pm

South wind it is getting pretty crazy in Kansas is it not?

Knasas in 97% private land and they do have a lot of walk in access in some parts of the state but that stuff is usaually a bit crowded and just plain pressured. Every one is being pushed to either leases or go try to find a spot on some walk in hunting ground. The walk in is a good idea but they need to impliment a program where residents can get on property for a period with out the pressure and crowding problem.. It was not until the 1990's that Kansas even allowed NR to apply for tags.

The whole west is going price high on everything in Colorado a habitat stamp is required $5 ech max of 2

I suggest the younger people better buy lifetime stamps and in states where they offer lifetime hunting licenses buy them too as 15 years from now they will double maybe triple.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK