Howa/Knoxx Axiom Varminter Rifles

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
MontanaMonkey
Fawn
Fawn

Howa/Knoxx Axiom Varminter Rifles

Post by MontanaMonkey » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Anybody know anything about this little guy? Not particularly my usual type of rifle, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun for Yotes and prairie dogs. I have shot Howa rifles before, and they seem to shoot pretty well, I was thinking about getting one of these little critters in 22-250.
Take your kids hunting and teach em right.

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Have shot lots of Howa, they have made lots of rifles for different companies. The only concern that I can see from the pictures is where you place your check, it looks like it has a square rest.
It does look like a fun one to play with, also to be used for packing into the back country.

With the adjustable length of pull, looks like it would be great for some one to grow up with, or a rifle that could be shared.

When I read about it, I though about it for the War Chief, but it’s not in the Caliber that I want her to shoot.

If you get one please post how it shoots

M. Bird

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Re: Howa/Knoxx Axiom Varminter Rifles

Post by skull krazy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Go for the .204 Ruger, it's nothing short of amazing! :222 10sign:
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:03 pm

204 OR 308,then if you have to you will have a great antelope rifle as well,my buddy shot a 22-250 for awhile,I wasnt impressed at all with its knock down power after about 150 yards.

MontanaMonkey
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MontanaMonkey » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Gentleman, I think you are probably right about the 204 Ruger, a little more thump never hurts. About a month ago I shot the Sako 85 Finnlight in a 243 model, and a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in 308 which are both incredible, but pricey. I was set on one of those, but man, this little Howa looks like it could be so much fun, and its tons cheaper than the Tika or the Sako. Thanks for the input guys,
Take your kids hunting and teach em right.