25 caliber 75 Grain X-bullet for Deer

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

25 caliber 75 Grain X-bullet for Deer

Post by utahpredator_7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I came across 150 of these (discontinued) and bought them all. I figured that they would be the best of both worlds for my 25 WSSM: Fast and flat for yotes and varmints, but good enough construction for deer and antelope. I was wondering what you guys think of these running around 3500-3600 fps for deer or if any of you have used them. Thanks.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!

southwind
Monster
Monster

Re: 25 caliber 75 Grain X-bullet for Deer

Post by southwind » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:51 pm

They should work fine but watch your pressure and you will probably foul up pretty quick. The original X had a problem with excessive fouling. The grooves now employed on the tsx's not only reduced fouling considerably but also pressure. I really don't think you need to push them that fast and more than likely would perform better at a lower velocities.

outlawlineman
Fawn
Fawn

Re: 25 caliber 75 Grain X-bullet for Deer

Post by outlawlineman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I've got 300 85 grain x bullets in .257 that i was planning to load up in a .257 Roberts for my son to use for deer. Haven't done it yet but I.m thinking they should soot pretty good. I never have seen 75 grain x bullets but they should work fine also. I'm a firm beliver in "velocity kills" let us know how they work.
Stupid should HURT