Hornandy bullets

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
GnM
Fawn
Fawn

Hornandy bullets

Post by GnM » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:21 am

I am asking the same question with the Hornady bullets as I did with the Sierra. What do you guys think about these bullets, out of a 300win mag.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Re: Hornandy bullets

Post by southwind » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:56 am

Hornady is a very good bullet maker. I don't know what you are hunting but the InterBond is a great deer/elk bullet.
https://www.hornady.com/shop/Bullets_In ... _popup.htm

outlawlineman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by outlawlineman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Hornaday bullets I have found do not shoot as accuratly as the Sierras. I haven't used either on game so can't help there. A lot of people will use the Sierra for load development then switch to Nosler as the Partition holds up well on game animals. Good luck and have fun.
Stupid should HURT

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:01 am

Hornady INTERBONDS 165 OR 180 30 CALIBLER

These are the best constructed bullets for the money as you 100 bullets for the price you may pay for 25-50 with other manufactuers. 3 Years ago I went strictly to Hornady Interbonds in my 270 for big game the first year I reloaded them with fed primers IMR 4350 and Interbond 130 gr I went to 3 states killed 6 deer(2 bucks, 4 does) 3 antelope and 1 elk EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL DROPPED WITH ONE SHOT the bullet performed OUTSTANDING and held over 90% of its weight.

Although shot placement is critical to success Hornady intebonds are awesome I strictly use these for all big game hunting now.

As far as accuracy well so many factors are involved from primers to powder to seating depth an d just plain simple some rifles shoot certain bullets best you will just have to experment . I have had good performance and the range out to 300 yards with the I.B .

Nosler accubonds and Partitions are still pretty good bullets Barnes Triple shocks are GREAT but cost a lot for 50 bullets.

In my opinion Barnes X and Triple shocks are also a great choice but with Hornady giving 100 bullets in their packaging its a easy choice when you consider the performance.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 am

if its between hornady and sierra, ill go with sierra. Really well made, and never a problem with them. I have a 300 win mag and shoot 167 grain match bullets to reel in my rifle. Work great. 10sign:
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:54 am

I've used Hornady bullets for a long time, the old spire pints and now the inter-locks. I have thought about trying the interbond but when I look at the price and the past preformance I've had with their bullets, I simply can't justify changeing! Actually the only bullets I can recall ever shooting game with are Speer, Sierra, Hornady and, a blast from the past, Herter's! In each case when a proper bullet for the cartridge was chosen, the results were predictable. When an improper bullet was chosen, results became sketchy. Also in each case more than adequate hunting accuracy could be achieved. I don't know that I've ever had a well chosen bulet fail me. I have had a poorly chosen bullet fail.

I like Hornady. They work!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Don you should the good ole SST's a try they not interbonds but still a great bullet for the money
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

younggun
Spike
Spike

Post by younggun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Hornaby's are good bullets, i shoot 150's out of my 308. browning BLR and they're on the money and knock down alot of game. One thing i find is that they tumble alot, once in they dont come out, i think the reason being they dont shroom evenly, and then they strike something and they play pinball inside, they're also lighter bullets.

I like noslers and barnes bullets alot aswell, but they have different purposes.

And if ur looking to get a lever action buy a Browning BLR they shoot with extreme acurracy and they have a clip instead of a tube so u dont need to use tube ammo, u can use what ever u want. Really handy.
I've climbed 2 mountains. Found this guy, camped out on top of the world. I'm goin to get that ram. Thoughts of a commited sheep hunter. Work the next day, who cares, wife or girlfriend, THANK GOD! i'm hunting sheep and not at home.

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:41 pm

TheGreatwhitehunter wrote:Don you should the good ole SST's a try they not interbonds but still a great bullet for the money
I thought about them for a target bullet in a long range rifle. But I don't like those plastic tips on anything other than a target bullet or a varmit bullet. I ended up using the 140gr SMK 6.5 bullet.

cjohnson3006
Spike
Spike

Post by cjohnson3006 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Hornady makes great bullets. I handload with both Hornady Interbonds and Nosler Accubonds. I have found that on my 30/06, the seating depth makes a huge difference with the Hornady. I get better groups with the Noslers, but I think the Hornady is a better bullet. CJ