Bullets

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Bullets

Post by Don Fischer » Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 am

What bullets do you guys like? I like a lot of different bullets, so long as they're in a red box that says Hornady on it! Been using them for many many years. One of my favorite cartridges is the 6.5x55 and I got a new Winchester Mod 70 Featherweight in it a couple years ago. Shoots the 129 and 140 gr bullets really well and I've been struggling with which one to use. Now Hornady came out with a 129 gr interbond in 264 dia and I'm thinking really hard about using my first ever premium bullet. Just haven't found any around here yet so no idea how expensive they are, I'm a borderline tight wad which means I'm cheap! :-$

So what bullet do you guys like?

killerbee

Re: Bullets

Post by killerbee » Sun May 04, 2008 12:50 pm

i think swift makes the best bullets you can buy. there A-frame is a powerhouse with great weight retention and there scirroco[sp??] is a flat shoothing great performance bullet with still awsome weight retention. i also like barnes bullets they make great bullets to. the only problem is they are in the same price range as swift and swift bullets are just a little better-- so i just shoot swift. now days though alot of companies make some pretty good bullets so you dont have to buy the most expensive to be shooting a good bullet. like it's been said 1,000,000 times before shot placement is more important then what bullet your shooting

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Mon May 05, 2008 8:30 am

Got the new Midway catalog and looked up the Hornady Interbond. Wow, more that double the cost. Think if I need a tuffer bullet I'll go to the 140gr interbond. It shoots well in my rifle and I've taken two elk with it already.

TuPapito
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TuPapito » Mon May 05, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm with you, Don. Always been a Hornady fan!

I am consistently reading all my hunting/gun mags and reviewing which ammunition groups well with each new firearm, and Hornady is on the top 95% of the time. They make extremely accurate ammunition and great bullets. I use Hornady specifically for all my handgun reloads and Nosler Partitions for all my big game hunting cartridges.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is more cowbell!

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon May 05, 2008 8:48 pm

I need to get into reloading one of these days. Only problem I see is my wife saying the last thing I need is another "hobby".
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue May 06, 2008 6:37 am

Interbond,accubond,scirocco,barnes tsx.....I like all these bullets :thumb

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Low velocity rounds like the 6.5x55 usually don't require the use of premium bullets. Conventional copper cup bullets like the Hornadys will do just fine.
Mark

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Nosler for hunting and Sierra for target shooting.
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"