Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: LE elk hunters *free spotting scope*

Post by 9er » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:15 pm

DEADI,

why dont ya tell all about the spike you could have shot and had the scope??? how far away was it again? how far back to camp was it??

what were you thinking, you could have been famous??? :))

9er
Watch your top knot!

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Yes it is true. On the opening morning, I was walking (sneaking down the trail) to some bugeling that was up ahead. I came around some brush to be greeted by an Alien. He was close enought that I could count his freaking Eye lashes. ( I would say inside of 10 Yards).. I froze and we had a starring contest for about 2 Min. I said something to my dad just loud enough for him to hear me. I asked him if we wanted a spoting scope. He laughed, and we let the alien walk off.

I was about 500 yards from camp. But about a 3hr horse ride from the trucks, and there was no way that I was going to shoot a spike that early in the hunt and that far away from the trucks. But yes the oportunity was there, tempting me.
Deadi

ktowncamo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ktowncamo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am

DeadI wrote:Yes it is true. On the opening morning, I was walking (sneaking down the trail) to some bugeling that was up ahead. I came around some brush to be greeted by an Alien. He was close enought that I could count his freaking Eye lashes. ( I would say inside of 10 Yards).. I froze and we had a starring contest for about 2 Min. I said something to my dad just loud enough for him to hear me. I asked him if we wanted a spoting scope. He laughed, and we let the alien walk off.

I was about 500 yards from camp. But about a 3hr horse ride from the trucks, and there was no way that I was going to shoot a spike that early in the hunt and that far away from the trucks. But yes the oportunity was there, tempting me.
Classic! :))
http://www.camofire.com - PULL THE TRIGGER!