Hunts for 2009

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
MontanaMonster
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Hunts for 2009

Post by MontanaMonster » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:56 pm

ok i see everyone talking about LE , PLE and OIL tags...can someone please explain to me what those are..i have never applied for anything in another state..and i dont know what they are and lots of guys or gals..are talking about them on here

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 pm

MontanaMonster
LE- Limited Entry Tags: you put in for these in Jan. They are a draw permit for certain hunting units in the state. They have a 5 year wait period if you draw the tag to apply again.
OIL- Once in a life time tags, These are also a draw permit but they are a once in a life time draw.

Im going to hunt the general bull and buck this next fall.
I hoping to have good luck this next year and draw my moose tag. I also put in for bear, lion, elk, deer in the sportsman tag..
I may be going to Montana to hunt bear with my cousin..
I would like to get into bowhunting..

I have alot of space to fill on my trophy wall :))

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Provided I do not draw any CH (Controlled hunt) tags, OIL (Once in a Lifetime) tags, or SP (Special permit) tags here is my list for this coming year:

WA Mule Deer
WA Elk (Spike only)
ID Whitetail

AND....I REALLY want to hunt elk in ID this year. However, I have never done it and am still doing my research, etc to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. If I can figure out what I am doing and get a game plan together then that will also be added to the list. :thumb

I am also lookin' at a possible trip to Wyoming for Antelope but that may have to wait until 2010.

Of course, I would give ALL OF THAT UP for an OIL Moose or Sheep tag! :))

MontanaMonster
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MontanaMonster » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

hah alright makes sence now..jeeze how couldnt i figure out the OIL tag.......but yeah..im applying for elk in north dakota, and haha buck tag..we dont have any units like utah and crap where it takes 5-7 years to get a tag..maybe 2 or 3 at the most.. but otherwise our hunting party of 4 gets one about every year, i cant wait till i can apply for out of state tags..mountains are my home.

IDHunter
2 point
2 point

Post by IDHunter » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:08 pm

With all of the points I have built up in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Oregon, and Wyoming as well as the Idaho & New Mexico draws, I'm hoping I finally pull a great tag someplace. If I don't here is a list of hunts I will be going on:

Utah - Dedicated hunter deer tag.
Idaho - General archery elk
Idaho - Spring and/or Fall bear
Idaho - General archery antelope
Idaho - I hope to find a place to hunt whitetail deer
Wyoming - Left over antelope

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm going to draw as many easy to draw tags as possible even though the hunts are harder. I'd rather hunt than sit home dreaming about the tag I'll draw in 10 years because at my age you can't count on being here for sure. Utah archery deer, Colorado archery deer, OTC archery elk in Colorado, OTC archery deer in Arizona, Arizona spring archery javelina for sure and some sort of archery cow elk tag in Az.
Mark

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:06 am

Utah muzzleloader deer,Bookcliffs
Utah anybull elk. Thinking about doing archery but im still not sure on what i want to do.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

BChunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BChunter » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 am

This year I am trying to get a cow/bull elk draw a cow moose draw and one mule deer buck tag

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:16 am

I know i'm late (i'm 19 going on 20) but i'm gonna start building up my points for any state i can think i even might want to hunt someday, haha. This way in 5 years when i'm out of the Marines I can start to cash out 1 tag at a time while i'm trying to finish up school and hopefully will be able to get at least 1 good tag a year to keep the stress down and kind of as a present to myself each school year. So pitch me some Ideas guys!! I've got a couple points built up for colorado deer and elk then of course my utah stuff, but thats it. I would love to put in for Nevada (lots of family out there - none of them hunters but i could get them to go on that trip) but I heard you have to pay the full price of the tag rather than just purchase a 5-10 dollar preference or bonus point. is that true? Does anyone know any other states that are like that just for a heads up for me? Also are all the applications at one time of year? When is that time of year? I've been wanting to do this since high school but i swear i miss every stinkin draw every year ](*,)

cwp
Spike
Spike

Post by cwp » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 pm

DeadI wrote:I plan on drawing another Wasatch LE Elk tag from the Expo [-o< :thumb
If you draw another tag I'll come put a pile of dog sh!# on your back porch!