Redfield Scopes - who makes them now???

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Buckskin Bandit
Fawn
Fawn

Redfield Scopes - who makes them now???

Post by Buckskin Bandit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:08 am

I was reading the "favorite gun" post and it reminded me of my search for a redfield scope. My buddy has one and it is the clearest best light gathering scope around for the money. Some say leopould bought it, also heard simmons bought it. Either way are they producing it and if so under what name? I currently use the Nikon buckmaster scopes-very clear and sharp especialy for the money $200. What others are out there that anyone would suggest-and what do you think of the mil-dot system-or the other one(sorry forget the name) that uses the circles instead of the mildots???

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Redfield Scopes - who makes them now???

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Refield scopes were bought out by blount a few years ago and discontinued for the first time in nearly 100 years. Meade stepped into the picture and took over Redfield. Meade themselves have become well known for their excellent quality telescopes over the years. Leupold bought redfield in 2008. Not really sure where you can get them for sure now?
As far as mil-dots go they are a great reticle. Once you have practiced enought to know how they work with your rifle and caliber they are a great tool for quick rang finding and accurate long range shots.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Buckskin Bandit
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Redfield Scopes - who makes them now???

Post by Buckskin Bandit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks for the info! Seems they let a good thing die and I just don't know their reasoning behind it. I will check into it because it would be worth it to find one. Thanks again