Out of State application process

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Twitch
Spike
Spike

Out of State application process

Post by Twitch » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website that has an online guide for applying for big game tags in the western states. I am wanting to apply in most of the states around Utah for big game and I was hoping there is a site that helps cut through all the confusion of doing it for the first time. Sorry if my grammar is horrible, I am writin this from a horrible app on my phone .

Thanks for the help everyone!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: Out of State application process

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:48 pm

I dont know of any online sites but the Huntin Fool does exactly what you are looking for if you are willing to pay the $100.00 a year.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Cabelas tags offers a service that cost $50 per tag but they will put you in on all the hunts that you want and only pay for the tags you draw

norcalhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by norcalhunter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am

I use Huntin fool because they explain how the draw works, bonus points, and any updates for each state. I do all my own applications, most are online which makes it almost foolproof.

DLS
Fawn
Fawn

Post by DLS » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I think that Huntin Fool probably has a bigger following than any other source. Their informatin is great, just remember that several thousand other hunters are getting the same information as you.

Cabelas had a huge problem two application seasons ago in Arizona, so keep that in mind. They didn't send in hundreds of applications by the draw deadline and they were rejected. A lot of hunters who had built up significant elk and antelope points not only weren't in the draw, they missed out on a point for that year, and lost their loyalty point, thereby going backwards in Arizona. Because of that, some people are hesitant to use Cabelas Tags.

I don't use application services very often, I normally do the 60+ applications that my son and I apply for each year myself, but when I do use an application service, it is Hunter Application Serive, run by Larry and Stephanie Altimus. www.hunterapplicationservice.com

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 pm

maybe i should try that i get so confused when i try to get info and stuff about other states hunting. the sites and hunting rules and regs are so confusing in everyother state. it seems like they go out of there way to make it as difficult and as confusing as possible . i actually like the utah dwrs website for the ease of understanding and being able to apply without being completly confused out of my mind. finally one thing the dwr has actually done right!