WARNING OUTFITTER

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
DESERT ARCHER
Fawn
Fawn

Re: WARNING OUTFITTER

Post by DESERT ARCHER » Mon May 16, 2011 8:43 pm

What a crazy way to start a hunt i have never heard something like that to be late in the morning hunt ha how crazy you should put something on the canada guide service page thanks for sharing

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Re: WARNING OUTFITTER

Post by hound_hunter » Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I've always assumed most people knew about this resource but in case some of you haven't there is an online database that's regularly updated called "The Hunting Report". Hunters submit detailed reports for outfitters, hunting areas, gear, and all kinds of hunting related experiences/topics throughout the U.S. and the world. It's $5 a month but when planning a big trip and dropping several thousand dollars on that it's worth it (to me) to spend a couple bucks to look up any outfitters your thinking about on here and seeing what other hunters have said about whose good/bad in the area you're looking to go. I think they offer some kind of free trial subscription with limited access if you're unsure whether or not you want to commit to a full year. Anyways, just a resource some of you might be interested in when planning a big hunt, I've found it pretty useful.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience though, there are horror stories in every area of nobody's trying to make some money "guiding" hunts, it's pretty important to search for a reputable outfit and in my opinion worth it to go with someone whose maybe not the absolute cheapest but who will provide an experience on level with what you're looking for. (Not to say that you can't find great trustworthy guides for relatively cheap, you definitely can, it's just very important to do some detailed background checks when planning these kind of trips)