WARNING OUTFITTER

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
scooter0129
Fawn
Fawn

WARNING OUTFITTER

Post by scooter0129 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 am

I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the crud out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN

bergy
Fawn
Fawn

Re: WARNING OUTFITTER

Post by bergy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:54 am

Sounds like a nightmare! You should post a review in the guide section as well!!!

speedgoat
Spike
Spike

Post by speedgoat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:44 am

I plan a yearly hunt for a group of my friends and found an out of the way lodge last year in NW CO. Our daughter got sick and I was unable to go. In any event, the lodge I booked included the meals every night and meat storage for the guys who went. As it turns out the owner and her husband were stone drunk by 9am every morning, never made a meal unless they got badgered by the group and the guys got sick on old defrosted meals that she reheated. They went out of business the next year but what a frustrating scenario when I had no reason to suspect anything but a first class operations for the years worth of planning. The lodge reaked of urine since their animals went on the floor... lovely lovely

Huge29
2 point
2 point

!

Post by Huge29 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 pm

Wow, what an experience the two of you had! BE sure and always get references from others especially on such an expensive rare trip! On that note, be sure and leave feedback everywhere you can particularly where others will look, such as on Google maps, tripadvisor and I am sure that there are specific sites for outfitters.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

wow sorry to hear your troubbles i dont see how anyone can run a business like that! why even get into the business if you dont wanna run it right? thanks for the heads up

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm

wow, thats terrible... pretty much all i can say. :>/
The Buck Stops Here

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 am

I have a friend who had a similar experience on a Indian reservation I think it was in Saskatchewan, the guide just drove them around didnt do crap for them once they got their money it was more sight seeing than hunting. oTo make along story short, once my friend voiced his opinion he was told his hunt was over. Not sure of the outfits name but I know it was not a good situation and he had a heck of a time trying to get back to USA, they caused some problems for him, when on a indian reservation be careful what you say or do you are in a different world on their land and different laws altogether.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Post by stewberd23 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 am

huntfishnv wrote:wow, thats terrible... pretty much all i can say. :>/
Agreed :>/
Do Work

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:10 pm

What a nightmare!!! :>/ Thanks for the warning and reminder to go the extra mile when planning a hunt.

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:38 pm

had similar experience back in 04, I thought I would tip the guide and see what would happen, they took me off the rez to hunt with out telling me, Crazy nuts...got a nice buck While hunting on my own back on the rez... the guide nearly chit his pants when he saw the buk....cost me $5G's
"A Friend Will Stick Closer Then a Brother"