non guided hunts or drop camp hunts

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
10 point
Fawn
Fawn

non guided hunts or drop camp hunts

Post by 10 point » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi everyone . Im new to the site , i hope someone can give me some recamendations.I am trying to put together a riffle hunt for myself and two friends. The hunt would be for 4-5 days .We are iterested in a white tail hunt .We are from upstate New York [ northeast], we are interested in a drop camp type hunt .Im coming here becouse where better to get good advise for hunting except from other hunters.Becouse of job and time restraints we would like to hunt an area somwhere not to far out of the state. We are just a couple of hunters without a lot of money,we would just like to hunt somwhere that there is a real chance to shoot a brooser. Any help or advise would be apreciated . Thanks in advance. TONY

TommyColey
Spike
Spike

Re: non guided hunts or drop camp hunts

Post by TommyColey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey Tony,
Maine has some real big deer close to you. but deer #s are lowif you want an inexpensive hunt with a real chance at a nice deer you have to head to the midwest public land bow hunt would be your best chance to do it cheaply.

Tommy Coley

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:20 am

When I lived and hunted the Adirondacks we used watercraft of some sort to hunt. You can get away from the crowds that way. The Moose River area has lots of water to float. One spot that always produced was Onion Hill. You put in at headquarters from the east side. The season runs from late october to december with the best time being the week before thanksgiving. Check to see if heavy snow produced a bad winterkill the year before. If it did wait until you get a couple good winters back to back. The water is cold so be careful.
Mark

10 point
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 10 point » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 am

Thank you for the advise guys. TONY