what are you plans ??

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
UtahRob
4 point
4 point

what are you plans ??

Post by UtahRob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:12 pm

for this year . I will be hunting both deer and elk with my muzzle loader . Elk in Cache and deer in Box elder The Cache deer hunt is only open until from sept 29 - oct 3 where box elder is from sept 29 -oct 7th , make sure you don't hunt past oct 3rd in theses counties .

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/calendar/i ... s-end.html

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: what are you plans ??

Post by ridgetop » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:49 am

I'm going to hunt two days on the Central muzzy deer hunt. I'll be trying a new load this year. Triple 7 ff loose powder and a 250 gr. Hornady bullet. I may decide to take a deer this year to see if this is the right load I want to use for my sheep hunt. It's been a while since I've had venison in the freezer. Just been too lucky with the elk the last couple of years to worry about taking a non trophy buck but I'll have to pass on the elk hunt this year because the sheep hunt will be taking all of my free time.
There's always next year

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Im hunting the General Deer in Cache with a rifle, then im also hunting General Any Bull Elk, somewhere in Utah, also with a rifle... But my boss's LE Archery tag North Side for elk in Cache starts Saturday, and im going with him for that :) and im just as stoked for the Waterfowl opener on October 2 :thumb
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

500mag
2 point
2 point

Post by 500mag » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

not all of box elder is open for that time, just the west part. i think the line is west of i-15. I will be starting over in cache then if i have to go out west.
One day I will find the BIG ONE!!

sean_shotgun
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sean_shotgun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 am

I drew buck and bull tags for muzzle loader in area 51 Colorado - will be hunting around the Rampart Range - Deckers area in the Pike National Forest. So basically if it has horns and isn't a steer - I can shoot it.

Looking forward to it. I may even get an over the counter fall turkey tag too cause I saw a few on my last scouting trip.

Then I'm off to Northeastern Colorado for Rio Grande fall turkey. Hope to get in a bunch of grouse and pheasant hunting too. C'mon September.....

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Utah Central Muzzy for me and then right over to Nevada for the Early 221,222,223 hunt.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 am

Heading down to southern Utah to help my friend with his muzzleloader Henry Mountains tag. I will admit that I might do a little scouting for my hunt also. :)
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:25 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:Heading down to southern Utah to help my friend with his muzzleloader Henry Mountains tag. I will admit that I might do a little scouting for my hunt also. :)

I have more fun helping someone else fill their tag, then my own . :thumb I hope to get my son his first buck with a muzzle loader [-o< His first animal kill was a Spike with his muzzy then he's been gone on a mission for our church . BUT he's back , and i had tags waiting !!! :thumb

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Yeah I helped my brother-in-law get one of the best deer of his hunting career(sp) and it's the funest hunts that I've ever had with him.

People have told me that I should start guiding and get paid for what I love to do but I'm afraid that if I did then it would just be another job and would kill any passion that I have for the sport.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.