12A East Muzzloader Hunt for Mulies-----need Help

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
Anonymous

12A East Muzzloader Hunt for Mulies-----need Help

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:29 pm

Hey Gang,
Now I dont expect anyt secrets to be given out here but I would like a little help.. I live in AZ and just drew on the #1129 Muzzleloader Buck hunt in the famous Kaibab region. The hunt runs 11/12-11/18 and I sure could use a heads up on where to start. I have never been in the area but have heard the rumors and seen the photo's. Any direction would be appreciated
Lev

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:54 pm

If you can't take the entire season off AND do some scouting during the first week of November, you should probably look for a guide. If that's out of the question, follow the game road above Houserock Ranch, hope for snow, and hunt the migration routes. Good luck and bring chains.

BOHNTR )))------------------->

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:58 pm

thanks for the info, I have a few friends who have hunted up there and are trying to give me some input, but they are bowhunters and the deer usually have moved by the time my season rolls around
Thanks

bacagrant
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bacagrant » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:27 pm

#-o I hate it when I field a question like yours. BOHNTR is right if you can take the time to go up and feel it out before the hunt then thats the ticket. If you can't then think SNOW = MIGRATION. If you have a lot of snow on top then the deer will be down low. If no snow then you will have to hunt up high. You have little area inbetween to hunt. Many of the deer that migrate to the east side come from the National Park. If you get snow while you are hunting then stick to the area North, west and east of the Saddle Mt. Trail Head. Yes Junipers, Keep your nose in the wind, walk slow and keep that old smoke pole ready. Good Luck ...P.S. You got the tag I so very much wanted....

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 pm

Thanks again, I feel like such a greenhorn, but living 8 hours from the Kaibab and unable to find much time for scouting I am relying heavily on som help. I grew up in NE Utah and have hunted the Book cliffs alot and have been told it is alot like it-- except there is less hunters and more of a chance for a Toad buck. BTW the Book Cliffs are making a heckuva comeback. :dumb
Thanks again

Pablo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Pablo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:34 pm

Can anyone recommend a guide for 12AE?...Gracis, Pablo