southwind
Monster
Monster

American Pioneer Powder

Post by southwind » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:07 pm

Anyone try this powder?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:27 am

isn't this the powder that Jim Shocky advertises?? if so i've never tried it but a;ways wanted to. it sounds amazing. the guy shoots it a couple hundred shots with out cleaning and has no problems at all and is still accurate. i'd say give it a try!

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:05 am

Yes it is the one Jim Shockey advertises and I know 3 people who use it and absolutely love it! they said they wouldn't us any other kind after using it! so I would recommend it!
here is a link
http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/
The only place we could find it in Utah County was at Cabela's you have to ask for it at the gun counter (it's located behind the counter.)

wannaBelkhuntin
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wannaBelkhuntin » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:38 pm

I was at my hunting partners house shooting Saturday, getting ready for our muzzleloader Mulie hunt in CO in September. We were trying different loads and powders, at 100 yds there was very little difference in the powders but when we went back to 200 yards there was a BIG difference.
My partner is shooting a Remington 700 .50 caliber with 295 grain powerbelts. With Triple7 he was hitting 8 inches low [@ 200 yds] with the APP FFG [All were loose powder per CO regulations] he was hitting 36 inches low !!!!!!!! Allmost 2 1/2 FEET LOWER with the APP versus the T-7. Both were @ 100 grains of loose powder. I have some APP FFFG that I will try next weekend to see if it is any better, also will be trying some Pyrodex to see how it compares.

Bears Butt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bears Butt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:35 pm

I have not tried this powder, but I understand that water is highly attracted to it and a prolonged charge in a rifle while hunting in moist conditions will cause it not to fire.

I would stick to Triple 7, it seems to have the best and most reliable recommendations to date.

Good luck on the hunt!
Say no to 'suppository guns'