Not much action in this forum??

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
Jackalope
Fawn
Fawn

Not much action in this forum??

Post by Jackalope » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:53 pm

Is there not many Muzzleloader hunters in this forum or what? I'm new to Muzzleloadring. And the site, I have a .50 Omega just getting the bullet and powder combonation set. I wasn't able to get out this last year since i got married opening day ](*,) . Hopfully we can get alot more action here.

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

What load?

Post by shedhunter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:12 pm

What load are you shooting out of your omega? I had a guy tell me that 150 grains of Triple Seven with Knight's Red Hot Sabots 250grain worked really well. Just currious, just bought one myself but haven't been out to shoot it yet.
~shedhunter~

Jackalope
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jackalope » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:41 pm

I've had my Omega for only about 6 months. I'm still working up my load and what i want to use but from reading on other forums i've found that teh 348gr Powerbelt shoots great through the Omega But every gun is diffrent so you jsut need to find a bullet you like and go shoot nad figure out how much powder mixxed with your bullet do the best or shoots the best groups. I've shot teh 295gr powerbelt and the 348gr. I personaly liek teh heavier bullet since i have heard so much about how well they work. Right now i'm jsut trying to find a bullet that dosen't cost so much to shoot for 10 powerbelts you have to pay $15. I just got some 370gr T/C Maxi balls to try out I'm also thinking of trying the No Excuse conicals and also the great plains conical.in the 350-400gr area.I just want a bullet that can take a Deer and Elk but still be cheap enough to shoot around with. It wil be nice to have someone else in the same boat we can swap info.

salty
Fawn
Fawn

muzzle loader

Post by salty » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:31 pm

Hey I have a friend that bought an Omega makes me want one to.
There is plenty of room for gods creatures right next to the mashed potatoes

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:38 pm

Welcome salty, cool website also. You have some real cool pictures on there also. I've yet to dive into the Muzzleloader madness yet, but may do so someday. Would like a .50 cal also.

salty
Fawn
Fawn

muzzle loader

Post by salty » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:25 pm

Thanks. This site is pretty nice to. I like the skin in your forums the color looks good with your site. Back to muzzle loaders I bow hunted for many years before I went ot the muzzle loader hunt. I said I would switch when I got a four point with a bow and that took me a while. But now I am kind of hooked the weather in Utah is good most of the time and once I quit taking the two points out of my favorite stomp I might get a real nice one. (not just me my wife, son, and friends I take also.) But I do like to shoot!
There is plenty of room for gods creatures right next to the mashed potatoes

wrmdnkr
Spike
Spike

Post by wrmdnkr » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:48 am

muzzleloaders are sweet. The powerbelt bullets work well.
"being a music teacher doesn't make you a panzy"

Jackalope
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jackalope » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:16 pm

WOW. I haven't been here for a long time, I lost the website's name and could never find it. I finally remembered it.

I haven't been able to make it out so far this muzz hunt but hopfully friday and saturday i'll find something. :2 4c