got mine(with pics)

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

got mine(with pics)

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:19 pm

got my deer opening night. just a two point but its my first deer and im proud of him. ill post pics on sunday or saturday. just game down to take a shower and check on here. my brother got a spike to. now all we got to do is get my pops one
Last edited by bigbuck92 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 pm

o ya and ill have to tell ya what happend after i loaded up my deer after packing it out.
Cody

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Congrats on your First! can't wait for pictures and the story!!
Last edited by lifetime hunter on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Nice job, I believe my first was a spike so you did better than me. :)

I assume you saw a BIG ONE after you shot yours. :))

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:30 pm

no i seen a big one before i shot mine.lol. in the morning. ill have to tell ya the story though. quite interesting
Cody

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Cool. hopefully i get my first deer this weekend. Lets here the story.
:thumb

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:27 pm

alright i probaly have enough time so ill write it up.

ok Tuesday night, my pops and i go out scouting and find this huge 3 point and we thought that nobody would run into him cause of the area he was in so we left him alone till morning. Well i dont know if you heard about the murderers that excaped from the jail in Manilla but they have swat and helicopters and planes all over the place. So opening morning i go to check out if the 3 points still were he was the night before and as i thought he was there undisturbed. well i wasnt able to get a shot since he was so far away so i decided to put a stalk on him. Just as i was getting in to shooting range this helicopter came flying over the timberline and circled me about 2 or 3 times well when it did this deer scattered all over the place running anywere they could. Well i was P O'ed after this event so i decided that i should probaly take the first two point that i seen since im probaly not gonna get a chance at a big one with all the commotion. So i head back to camp with my head hung low really ticked off that i wasnt able to get the big one. Well after a while i head back out to this area that ive never been in before but i decided i would check it out. When i got there not a thing but i had a feeling that i should probaly sit there a while and hopefully a buck would pop over the ridge. About 20 minutes later i was just about ready to leave when i see about 30 deer run over the ridge. So i get out my binoculars and look to see if i can see any bucks in the group and out of the group theres 5 bucks, 3 spikes and 2 2 points. Both of the two points were about the same size so i just chose one out of the 2 but they were about 300 yards away. So i stalked them to about 100 yards when they busted me. They ran about 20 yards then one turned back to look at me so i thought that i better shoot before he left. So i pulled up and made 120 yard off hand shot right through the lungs. Well i knew he wasnt gonna go to far cause i seen him draging his self and stumbling so i walked to about 80 yards and put another one through his liver. He was down for good. Well after i packed out my buck and loaded him on the 4 wheeler i was driving down the road and all the sudden i hear . KABOOM!!! then a quick WHOOSH! and see a bullet fly 6 inches in front of my face. Well i dive off the four wheeler and hide behind it thinking its the excaped convicts shooting at me. So i pulled out my Glock just incase it is them and look over the four wheeler and see two old men walking towards me. So i dont think there any threat so i put my glock back in my holdster. Well they walk up to me and say "Oh my gosh im so sorry, we couldnt get are guns to fire so we set up a paper plate in the sage to see if it would fire. We hope that didnt almost hit you" well after a couple of minutes of telling them to use a hill as a back stop and not my head i left to hang up my deer at camp.

The End
Cody

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:00 pm

bigbuck92

Good grief, the IDIOT old hunters part didn't and doesn't sound good at all! :nono: :nono:

I enjoyed the rest of the story, look forward to the pics.

Sorry the Chopper ruined the bigger one. But if/when they catch those losers it'll be worth it.

Spike
Spike

Post by 270 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 pm

1st Congrats on your first deer! =D>
2nd glad your still with us to tell us your story! :nono: that is crazy! glad you weren't leaning forward!! too scary!! but I have to admit I chuckled when you said you thought it was the escaped convicts!! that's like a scene out of a movie!

can't wait for pictures!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:37 pm

wow :222 those 2 guys would have got an chewing that wouldn't quit! that is freikin ridiculous!! anyway, too cool on that first buck congrats and cant wait for them pix!