Good price

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Good price

Post by UtahRob » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:58 am

Traditions has a GREAT deal on a Pursuit pro for 199.00 .
I had one before i got a Encore and a friend had to pry my hand off it . This is less that what i sold mine fore. I know 5 other people who have this gun and all are VERY VERY accurate . I keep fighting the urge to get one at this price .

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... =R73003450

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good price

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Never heard of or don't know anything about Traditions, but if it was so great why did you get rid of it and get the Encore? Just curious, I may be in market this year for a Muzzleloader as I don't own one.

Any downside to the gun? Advantages or disadvantages to others?

Does it only take a 209 primer or will it take a 205?

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:19 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:Never heard of or don't know anything about Traditions, but if it was so great why did you get rid of it and get the Encore? Just curious, I may be in market this year for a Muzzleloader as I don't own one.

Any downside to the gun? Advantages or disadvantages to others?

Does it only take a 209 primer or will it take a 205?
I got the Encore just because i always wanted one . :-k My Tradition Pursuit pro was a nail driver . The one for sale is a last years model and they now have a speed breach plug . Also the pursuit pro has a steel receiver ( 8lbs ) and stronger , not aluminum (6 lbs) . Yes , it does take 209 primers . I keep fighting the urge to buy another one from their site . I was not going to sell mine ,but a good friend pried my hands off mine . I shot the small buck last year with mine .

These are the first 4 shots from my gun right out of the box . I lucked out and the first load i tried worked out great . I used a gun vise to see what the load would do . I was shocked to see my fist shot so close to the bull , and shot 3 more putting them in the same whole . It shot as good as my Encore and was 1/3 the price .

This bull was taken with the Pursuit Lt , at 140 yards. His two brothers and dad also have the LT and also are getting good groups and no problems . No down sides that we have experienced . Good gun for the money . My youngest son has a CVA Optima and i have yet to get as tight of groups as my guns . I bought a new , never used TC Omega from my oldest son and gave it to him , to use as soon as he gets back from his mission . Just took him to the MTC last wednesday !!!

My small buck taken with mine , 70 yard neck shot . He was looking straight at me over a bush , so i took the shot knowing the bullet would go where the red dot was .

My Encore's group , also at 50 yards .

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Thanks for the info Rob and photos! :thumb