New Toy for Elk

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

New Toy for Elk

Post by M.Bird » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Getting ready for the upcoming season for elk in unit 15 NM, I decided that I wanted a new ML. Picked up a Encore frame last spring, found a 50 cal barrel at the gun store, pulled a scope off an old rifle that I don’t shoot any more (it still has iron sights) put everything together Thursday night. Went to the range on Saturday, got it on paper at 50 yds, and heard a couple of comments “that’s an ugly rifle”. Moved out to 100yd line used 120gr of 777 loose, 200gr dead center bullet and a 209 primer. Still need to do a little work, couple more trips to the range with this “ugly” rifle and she will be dialed in. The Target was at 100 yd line.
Attachments
TC 50 cal..JPG
Group 1.JPG
Group 1.JPG (25.34 KiB) Viewed 4750 times

ABert

Re: New Toy for Elk

Post by ABert » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Man, I love "ugly" rifles! Looks like you've got a pretty good load worked out already! Good luck in your upcoming hunt.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:50 pm

That triple 7 powder sure is some amazing stuff, Even burn and performance time after time after time, One thing about an ugly gun its like an ugly girl friend or wife it doesnt hurt near as much when someone else steals her.
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:11 pm

[quote]Getting ready for the upcoming season for elk in unit 15 NM, I decided that I wanted a new ML. Picked up a Encore frame last spring, found a 50 cal barrel at the gun store, pulled a scope off an old rifle that I don’t shoot any more (it still has iron sights) put everything together Thursday night. Went to the range on Saturday, got it on paper at 50 yds, and heard a couple of comments “that’s an ugly rifle”. Moved out to 100yd line used 120gr of 777 loose, 200gr dead center bullet and a 209 primer. Still need to do a little work, couple more trips to the range with this “ugly” rifle and she will be dialed in. The Target was at 100 yd line.[/quote]

UGLY ????????

That's a BEAUTIFUL KILLING MACHINE !!!!!!!!!